Andy Hector's drum kit - Yamaha Beech Custom

ahector

Unique set-up. Looks very comfortable.
Who's the guy that has the sam cymblas and drums on both sides?

That's an interesting & very personal setup you have there Andy. I especially like your eclectic selection of cymbals. Plenty of flavours going on there. Nice!

Thanks! I've always been one to make impulsive buying decisions with cymbals. For some reason, they all seem to jive together.

wow very nice! i love your cymbal setup, very similar to all the choices that i was going to make for cymbals, but i ended up with bospherus'. haha

I've never played a Bosphorus cymbal... I've never seen one stocked in a music store that I've been to. I've certainly heard good things, though. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try some out in the future.

Unique set-up. Looks very comfortable.
Who's the guy that has the sam cymblas and drums on both sides?

I'm not sure. I've seen drummers with the same exact cymbal on both sides of their kit, but I'm not sure if I've seen the same size toms on both sides or an entire kit that is a mirror image of itself. I'm not a fan of using the same piece of equipment more than once. I'd rather have two different voices to play with, or I'd rather choose to put it on one side or the other and deal with the consequences in my playing. For instance, that China Trash on my left side gets played a LOT less than the K China on my right. I like that some sounds on my kit are more "meat and potatoes" and some are reserved for special occasions.

If you're talking about having a relatively symmetrical setup, there's a lot of people out there who do that. Bill Bruford is a name that I hear come up a lot. There was a poster here named aahznightsky (I think that's the right spelling) a few years back that really inspired me with his kit setup.

I'm not going for a mirror-image thing. I like that the left is different from the right. I just want there to be as much for my left side to do as there is for my right. I think that if I played on a kit like this from day one, I'd have a stronger left side. For years I played with a typical setup that is almost completely on the right side.

Back