Mapex Meridian Birch Drums

S

Stickit

Well, it's not a high end kit, but it's not bad....
Mapex Meridian birch in a walnut fade finish....
8x10
9x12
14x14
16x20
6.5x14 Ludwig classic maple snare

Attachments

• 08200537.jpg
    08200537.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,594
  • 08200543.jpg
    08200543.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,499
  • 08200601.jpg
    08200601.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,479
  • 08200551.jpg
    08200551.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,521
  • 08200625.jpg
    08200625.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,426
  • 08200631.jpg
    08200631.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,294
Stickit...Absolutely.Does.Not.Suck. Great looking little kit and I want the same exact sizes except in Candy Apple Burst. The Walnut looks good though. Once you slap better heads on there, the whole thing will completely open up. Again, good call. Sharp.

Well, when I said high end, I was refering to the price tag. I think it's a nice little kit to compliment my vintage Ludwigs, this gives me a totally different sound, tight and punchy as opposed to loud and boomy.

I almost pressed the Buy button on Meridian Jazz kit last week but I saw my unpaid bills on my desk and I didn't.
Isn't the bass 18x20?

I really like Mapex drums. You have a great kit there. You should be proud of it!

Last edited:
Thank you, yes they do look gorgeous and they sound great too.

I've had my Meridian Birch kit for about five months now, and I'm constantly amazed by how great they sound and how well engineered they are to be a lower-end intermediate kit. I really love how these drums respond to different heads and I've been surprised by the amount of sustain you can pull out of these if you want it.

I'm also loving the Walnut fade finish! I narrowed it down to that or Cherry Red when I was picking my kit, and ended up going with cherry only because I hadn't seen any good photos of the walnut finish. Having seen your kit I probably would have gone with walnut myself. It's very classy and I love fade and burst finishes that have such a smooth transition.

Thanks for the pics!

Almost forgot to add I'm really digging your set of Dream cymbals too. I've had a 22 and 24 Bliss ride that were really great and right now my main ride is an Energy crash/ride that has quickly become my favorite. Dream is another sleeper I've been really glad to have stumbled onto.

Just play high end. That's what matters! BLOW EM' AWAY! Mapex rules!!

PS......Keep the heads clean and new!!!!

I've had my Meridian Birch kit for about five months now, and I'm constantly amazed by how great they sound and how well engineered they are to be a lower-end intermediate kit. I really love how these drums respond to different heads and I've been surprised by the amount of sustain you can pull out of these if you want it.

I'm also loving the Walnut fade finish! I narrowed it down to that or Cherry Red when I was picking my kit, and ended up going with cherry only because I hadn't seen any good photos of the walnut finish. Having seen your kit I probably would have gone with walnut myself. It's very classy and I love fade and burst finishes that have such a smooth transition.

Thanks for the pics!

Almost forgot to add I'm really digging your set of Dream cymbals too. I've had a 22 and 24 Bliss ride that were really great and right now my main ride is an Energy crash/ride that has quickly become my favorite. Dream is another sleeper I've been really glad to have stumbled onto.

Wow, I'm impressed you could tell those are Dream cymbals. In that photo I have a 17" crash, a 22" ride and 14" hi-hats, the cymbal on my left is an older Zildjian 18" crash. I just replaced the 17 with a 20, I needed a bit more volume. They are great cymbals at a great price.

I think my next cymbal is going to be either a Bliss or Contact 20" to use as a big crash/left side ride. I completely agree they're great cymbals at a great price.

Dream cymbals also have a two year warranty. I just bought a bran new 20" Bliss crash/ride for $125, trying getting a deal like that with a Zildjian,Paiste or Sabian.

Back