NAMM get-together?

You gotta know somebody ;)

Actually, you just have to be connected to the music industry in some way. NAMM has a big music educators contingent too. Music stores send their people to see what's new too. So its not just endorsed artists.

I will meet you at the Ludwig Booth at 11:00 a.m. Saturday. That's still the plan right?

Wow 11am try my best to make it........It's only going to be a 1 day for me this time around I do plan to stay until they kick me out.

Well, we spent part of the day at NAMM and rather than show you pictures of 'stuff', my better half found people!

Here she is with our own Jon Bermuda, Nick Menza, and Will Calhoun!

We'll be seeing some of you tomorrow at 11. I got some great shots at the Ludwig booth already, but I'm working on those for uploading. The new mount is rather intriguing and I may try it. It looks very promising!

Attachments

• Deb-and-Jon_small.jpg
    Deb-and-Jon_small.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 298
  • Deb-and-Nick-smaller.jpg
    Deb-and-Nick-smaller.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 300
  • Deb-and-Will-smaller.jpg
    Deb-and-Will-smaller.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 300
I've taken a bunch of pictures, I just to uploaded them.

But Bo and SoCal Mike have the really nice cameras, so I'm looking forward to what they post.

NAMM:

Thursday night I'll be at the Bonham Tribute Show.

Friday convention all day, Sabian event all night.

Saturday: Drummerworld.com meet up at 11am at the Ludwig booth, convention all day, and hang all night.

If anyone is after pictures or information on a particular new piece of gear, let me know, and I'll look into it.

I want to see the coolest looking snare drum there. I don't care who makes it. Thanks!

Just got back. I met Bermuda, Adam, and Bo (and his wife). Great bunch of people. Got to meet Alan White. Took a ton of pictures. I'll have to download them tomorrow. Too tired right now. Going on 30 hours with no sleep. Night, night.

Here's a couple more at NAMM - my wife is proving to be quite popular ;)

Here she is with Doug Wimbish (bassist for Living Colour) after he did an amazing set at the DOD booth. Here I am with Vinnie Colaiuta at the Ludwig booth (picture taken by Kevin Packard from Ludwig), and here's a picture of me with my next drumset. We always talk about that great wood tone - well, these are all WOOD. Interesting - I couldn't stop playing them! And here is a shot my wife took of the Drummerworld group. Very fun day today!

I have more, I'm working on them for upload ;)

Attachments

• Deb-and-Doug-Wimbish-small.jpg
    Deb-and-Doug-Wimbish-small.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 243
  • Bo-&-Vinnie-even-smaller.jpg
    Bo-&-Vinnie-even-smaller.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 253
  • wood-drums.jpg
    wood-drums.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 250
  • drummerworld-peeps.jpg
    drummerworld-peeps.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 478
Bo, I recognize you and Bermuda from the DW shot, but who are the others?

Bo, I recognize you and Bermuda from the DW shot, but who are the others?

Sorry - Left to right: Bob, me, Ian, Paul, Bermuda, and Jack. I know Ian is Drumeatdrum, and I think Bob is Bobdiaz. But I didn't catch the callsigns of Paul and Jack. Perhaps they can chime in. If I've blown the callsigns, let me know. The NAMM show is like being in a huge Guitar Center on a Friday afternoon after all the schoolkids get out and decide to go to the store and try everything out, so it's quite loud ;)

And the wooden drums are made by a company called Offworld Percussion (www.offworldpercussion.com). At first they were making these really cool practice pads for the marching crowd, then they created a pad set for marching tenors, then they just expanded into these wood drums. They said they just created them last month. You have to play them with rubber tipped sticks, but they sounded a bit pitched, and they told me if they mic them up, they sound quite good. But as someting to play, I just couldn't stop playing them. I made friends with the gentleman standing in front of me because he liked my playing and was a photographer too. Very cool drums - I want a set!

I'll have more pictures and my full report up in the next day or so.

I was going to to type it up last night, but my laptop decided to stop working on me.

And the wooden drums are made by a company called Offworld Percussion (www.offworldpercussion.com). At first they were making these really cool practice pads for the marching crowd, then they created a pad set for marching tenors, then they just expanded into these wood drums. They said they just created them last month. You have to play them with rubber tipped sticks, but they sounded a bit pitched, and they told me if they mic them up, they sound quite good. But as someting to play, I just couldn't stop playing them. I made friends with the gentleman standing in front of me because he liked my playing and was a photographer too. Very cool drums - I want a set!

They look very cool and I can imagine them being fun to play--thanks for the overview.

And nice job coordinating your clothing with Vinnie. He called you ahead of time to see what you were wearing, right? ;-)

They look very cool and I can imagine them being fun to play--thanks for the overview.

And nice job coordinating your clothing with Vinnie. He called you ahead of time to see what you were wearing, right? ;-)

Yeah, what we wore was totally planned. He calls to ask what I'm wearing all the time ;). Actually Ludwig rep Kevin Packard said he wanted to wear his Pro Drum t-shirt too but the boss said no.

Back