Ultimate Drumset!!

I wouldn't need much to have the ultimate drumset.

Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Nouveau in red sparkle lacquer

26x16
12x9 rack
15x13 floor
18x16 floor
14x8 snare

Not Yamaha, but how about this? It's MY dream kit....:)!!

RSNwKtConfig907.jpg

RedSparkleSnare.jpg

The differences from your sizes are that this kick is 20X26, the floors are (2) 14X16, and 16X18 and my rack tom is 9X13.

This red sparkle snare is 6.5X14, but here's the 8" in Black with custom long lugs to match the shells on my black kit.

814.jpg

I mostly use 6.5 Ludwig Black Beauties with both kits...one of these...

BlackBeauties.jpg

Or, this one...

HammeredChrome.jpg

If you did get the sizes you listed you would never regret it!.

I have an 18X26 as well, and it's a cool size.

12-15-18 is an AWESOME config, I have those sizes on a rehersal kit, and the tone seperation is GREAT.
A 13X15" FT is way better than a 14" drum, and it's still beefy enough on fills if you don't go to the 18. I love the 13X15 drum I have--it's one of my favorite drums.

Yamaha Nouveau drums are super awesome, and the red sparkle is really cool looking. (...if I got a Yamaha, that's what I would get too :) ).
Those lugs, with the aluminum die-cast hoops on those drums make them pretty hard to beat (my Ludwig's do...but that's just my oppinion!).

Good luck getting your kit!!

Now, if I could get ANYTHING, I'd get the sizes I have now, only with stainless steel shells, but the finish done in the Black Beauty plating, and chrome lugs.
THAT would be SICK!!!

Hey, I've played Ludwig for over 30 years..where's MY anniversary kit Ludwig?!?!?!?!?!

My Dream kit:

Eric Singer's Kiss Farewell Tour Kit:

ericfwkit.JPG

CYMBALS:

ZILDJIAN

1: 19” Z Custom Crash

2: 14” A Rock Hi-Hats

3: 20” K Custom Ride

4: 16” Oriental China Trash

5: 13” Heavy Hi-Hats

6: 9,5” Zil Bell

AA: Latin Percussion (LP)
Bongo Bell 8” Chrome Plated

DRUMS:

Pearl Masters Custom
(MMX) 4ply Maple Shells
in Silver Sparkle

A: 22” x 18” Bass Drum

B: 14” x 6,5”
Pearl Signature Series
Eric Singer Snare Drum

C: 12” x 8” Tom

D: 13” x 9” Tom

E: 16” x 16” Floor Tom

F: 18” x 16” Floor Tom

G: 8” Concert Tom

H: 10” Concert Tom

I: 14” x 14” Floor Tom

J: 10” x 9” Tom

K: 8” Concert Tom

L: 6” Concert Tom

Dan

I found mine Friday and set them up Saturday. I'm more than pleased and thrilled.

Gretsch Renown Maple
22 x 18, 8 x 7, 10 x 8, 12 x 10, 14 x 14
My Taye Studio Maple Snare 6.5 x 14
My Masterwork Jazz Series cymbals and my HHX Evolution crash.

Attachments

• PB030093.JPG
    PB030093.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 24,077
Wow! Badass!!! Can you actually hear the stereo when you're playing?

How about a shot from the drummer's POV? I want to see that kick drum depth.

Thanks for the badass!!
The kick is 20X26.

RSAbove.jpg

I also have this same kit in Black with long lugs. This pic shows the kick length better.
Same size kick 20X26.

Overhead.jpg

I love this depth on kick drums.

24's on up sound great at 20". There's just something about this depth that gives a great balance between attack, tone & ooomph.

I've never had anything but great comments on these bass drums (from recording and live engineers)--even some great possitive comments from Simon Phillips when one of my bands opened for Toto this past July. He really dug it, and I dug that he dug it haha!!
This size kick is really cool (for me at least), and it sounds great played soft or loud.

I suppose I could hear the stereo if I turned it up loud enough, but I've always used headphones playing to cd's or records. But cd's tend to skip....

Thanks again!

I found mine Friday and set them up Saturday. I'm more than pleased and thrilled.

Gretsch Renown Maple
22 x 18, 8 x 7, 10 x 8, 12 x 10, 14 x 14
My Taye Studio Maple Snare 6.5 x 14
My Masterwork Jazz Series cymbals and my HHX Evolution crash.

Great kit! Good for you!!

This is how I want my kit to look like within the next few years, I'm almost there...

drumkit2tk8.jpg

What do you think!?

Last edited:
I think I finally have my perfect kit sorted out in my head.

I'd love a HighWood Drums 4 piece 13" hanging 16" floor with legs and a 24" BD

A solid steam bent Highwood snare. Maybe 14x6 Birch with their amazing clawless wood hoops. All of the kit in a nice wood finish.

4 HighWood Octobans

12x5 Yamaha Musashi Oak side snare.

And I really cant figure out a dream cymbal set there are just too many but I'll keep my Paiste 2002 24" ride and 18" A Custom crash

Last edited:
Last edited:
here is my ultimate kit.
8 x 7
10 x 8
12 x 9
14 x 11
16 x 13
22 x 16

All pure Maple shells. 4 color fade.

Attachments

• Photo 010.jpg
    Photo 010.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 21,515
  • Photo 0041.jpg
    Photo 0041.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 21,150
  • Photo 002.jpg
    Photo 002.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 20,686
What the sam-heck (I gotta cut down on swearing) are those long ass toms? are they like 4x16? XD What do they sound like, who are they made by and what do they sound like![/QUOTE]

they are octabons or maybe decabons. i really cant tell the difference to tell the truth.

Last edited:
What the sam-heck (I gotta cut down on swearing) are those long ass toms? are they like 4x16? XD What do they sound like, who are they made by and what do they sound like!

they are octabons or maybe decabons. i really cant tell the difference to tell the truth.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Cinnabons?

Hmmm...................................................

;-)

This is how I want my kit to look like within the next few years, I'm almost there...

drumkit2tk8.jpg

What do you think!?

oh man, I come back a few months later and realise I had too much time on my hands! There's no way I could use all of those cymbals effectively, Eyes bigger than my drumming talent ¬_¬

Back