Where can I buy a Sonor slotted drum key?

robr

Any ideas? Or is eBay the only place I'm going to find one of these? Recently picked up an 80s vintage Signature kit with no key. Been using a screwdriver. Would be great to have a real key (not necessarily Sonor, a no-name brand that would work is fine)

Thanks!

It's not great to use a screwdriver instead of an official Sonor key. The Sonor key insert is not beveled the way a scewdriver's blade is. The screwdriver's beveled blade may damage the top edges of the slot - a Sonor key will not. Also, pease be aware that a Premier slotted key will not work on Sonor drums.

Hey, first, congrats on a great drum set. I had a set of those as well.

If you're going to bother ordering a Sonor slotted key, order THREE. Or four.
Trust me, you'll need them, at least two for sure.

Neal

Use a nickle or a penny. Works just fine. Ive used this on my Designer snares and my SQ2 kit.

F

Or,why not just change out the lug inserts and tension rods and use a standard drum key.,

Just save the Sonor ones for when and If,you sell the drums.

Steve B

Use a nickle or a penny. Works just fine. Ive used this on my Designer snares and my SQ2 kit.

F

lol

Shell out for the drums but you won't buy a $5 key :p

lol

Shell out for the drums but you won't buy a $5 key :p

Ive got nearly a dozen of the slotted keys...they give em to ya when you buy their stuff...I was just saying why spend 15 bux when you have change at your disposal.

F

Back