Got a used Club Date SE

Waiting on this kit.Saw the finish and i was done.......

it looks really nice up close. someone bought one at my local GC a few months ago. the kick sounds huge! i was standing infront a few feet away from the kit with the dude's mom and we could feel the vibrations from the kick

it looks really nice up close. someone bought one at my local GC a few months ago. the kick sounds huge! i was standing infront a few feet away from the kit with the dude's mom and we could feel the vibrations from the kick

I can attest that the kick sounds awesome. Ludwig have stumbled onto a great recipe here. The shells/edges and minimal hardware just add up to a winning combination in the sound department. Not since my beloved Tama Artstar II have I been this happy with a drum kit although my tastes have changed since then. I really hope Ludwig doesn't decide to do something silly like discontinue this gem.

The Caverns have been out for 2 years now. I played one the first minute it hit my GC store. Loved it. I forget if you can order a matching snare but they had it set up with a Supraphonic.

As I mentioned in the first post, the only thing I'm not crazy about on these kits is the tom height adjustability. As sold, I can't get the tom where I like it 'cause it just doesn't go high enough (I wouldn't want to imagine on a jazzette). Some people would just put it on a snare stand and be done with it. I never liked that because I just can't get the tom where I want it.

My solution was to switch out the mounting plate on the rims mount for a longer one. The stock one is very short. Luckily I had a longer one in my junk box. The longer plate puts the bracket lower on the drum therefore putting the drum higher. Although I still have to put the tom on very top of the L-rod it's now in the perfect spot.

Another solution would be to switch the bracket and arm for a 10.5 of which much longer arms exist and are easier to find. But I like my classic bracket so for me that's out. ;)

Just putting it out there in case anyone else encounters this problem.

Since I won't be using my own drums for my next gig I thought I'd set it up in the living room with some Soundoffs and play along with some records. I use a large paper clip and a dish towel to muffle the bass drum. Works great! You can also see the mounting plate I talked about in the previous post and see my new matching snare.

xvor.jpg

y7tn.jpg

fgok.jpg

3d0e.jpg

pci0.jpg

3g8v.jpg

lcqc.jpg

Ouch. Thanks for the heads up although my cymbals are older so I'm not too worried about it and haven't seen that kind of problem in the past.

OK I NEED HELP.Having just got the kit today the mount that attaches to the bass drum...In other words the 2 parts that have teeth are like very smooth and the mounted tom will not stay..Im freaking out.......sent pics to store which they are forwarding to ludwig in the morning..Any input would be great.......

Since I won't be using my own drums for my next gig I thought I'd set it up in the living room with some Soundoffs and play along with some records. I use a large paper clip and a dish towel to muffle the bass drum. Works great! You can also see the mounting plate I talked about in the previous post and see my new matching snare.

xvor.jpg

y7tn.jpg

fgok.jpg

3d0e.jpg

pci0.jpg

3g8v.jpg

lcqc.jpg

Your 3rd pic from the bottom to the right of your sticks the bolt or screw that tightens up the center mount on mine will not hold,teeth on the inside are way to smooth!! Any clue???

Here's mine. And from the pics you sent me looks identical to yours. Not understanding the problem.

i6iq.jpg

I chucked the spring 'cause I don't like them. I also added a washer under the wing nut. The teeth on mine look just like yours. I still don't understand what the trouble you're having is. If the wing nut is not going down far enough to tighten the system, add a washer or two.

I chucked the spring 'cause I don't like them. I also added a washer under the wing nut. The teeth on mine look just like yours. I still don't understand what the trouble you're having is. If the wing nut is not going down far enough to tighten the system, add a washer or two.

Well the trouble is the teeth dont seem to interlock i dont get it either.

I've attached one of your pics and from what I can see it seems to be working fine as it's holding upright. Is the wing nut on the opposite side tightened? Short of boarding a flight I don't know how much more I can do to help you. It's possibly defective but it looks fine from your photos.

Attachments

• P1210007.jpeg
    P1210007.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 238
Another thought, make sure there isn't a washer on the inside under the spring. That would surely stop the teeth from interlocking.

EDIT: This was my 1000th post! Yay!

Last edited:
Another thought, make sure there isn't a washer on the inside under the spring. That would surely stop the teeth from interlocking.

EDIT: This was my 1000th post! Yay!

YEAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Your 1,000 sure helped me my friend.....There was a small washer keeping it from snugging up Thanks Bro......Now on the other hand why do they give you the spring and washer anyway??????????

Back