Tom angles!!!!

I actually sighted this one IN PERSON at the local Costco. I marched up to a manager and told him that I could turn his keyboards upside down and wrap the guitar strings around the neck too if he'd like.

Attachments

• 1022starcaster.jpg
    1022starcaster.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 2,855
I actually sighted this one IN PERSON at the local Costco. I marched up to a manager and told him that I could turn his keyboards upside down and wrap the guitar strings around the neck too if he'd like.

I'm.......at a loss.

I'm.......at a loss.

It was so amazing, like an out-of-body experience. We see them on Craigslist, we laugh and point fingers, we're like, "Oh, those kooky kids, will they never learn?" But nothing, my friends, prepares you for staring down one of these 7/8" tubed monstrosities in its natural habitat.

The wind was crackling through the aisles, the wan fluorescent lighting far above cast an ill pallor on this hapless pile of percussion, and the incessant chatter of fellow shoppers became a wailing din in my ears.

I stumbled, as if stricken, against a stack of Playstation 3 games. All my life, spent in awe of these majestic freaks of nature... and suddenly, to come nose-to-nose with one. The experience was humbling, disturbing, and frightening.

At that moment, it occurred to me that for all the importance that us drummers place on ourselves... for all the millions of words bandied about on these threads... for the zillions of dollars we've all spent on the latest direct-drive quadruple-bass pedal, the hundreds of hours we've tried to get that 15" floor tom tuned decently, the endless discussions over reading or not reading... it all boils down to this.

The average person not only DOES NOT KNOW what we do, he DOES NOT CARE.

I left Costco that day a bitter, broken and dispirited soul. My illusions were forever shattered and I burned every drumstick I owned that night in my fireplace, tears streaming down my face. My wife stared at me, dissolute in knowing that my world had come crashing down around me, but unawares as to how to fix what man had wrought.

I walk these empty streets now, a quiet, hollow husk that was once able to bring crowds to their feet with a flurry of well-timed quads and crossover accents. I reflect back to the days when I was blissfully unaware and able to delude myself, that any of it mattered....

...wow, that was some REALLY bad Thai food I had last night (urrrrp)

It was so amazing, like an out-of-body experience. We see them on Craigslist, we laugh and point fingers, we're like, "Oh, those kooky kids, will they never learn?" But nothing, my friends, prepares you for staring down one of these 7/8" tubed monstrosities in its natural habitat.

The wind was crackling through the aisles, the wan fluorescent lighting far above cast an ill pallor on this hapless pile of percussion, and the incessant chatter of fellow shoppers became a wailing din in my ears.

I stumbled, as if stricken, against a stack of Playstation 3 games. All my life, spent in awe of these majestic freaks of nature... and suddenly, to come nose-to-nose with one. The experience was humbling, disturbing, and frightening.

At that moment, it occurred to me that for all the importance that us drummers place on ourselves... for all the millions of words bandied about on these threads... for the zillions of dollars we've all spent on the latest direct-drive quadruple-bass pedal, the hundreds of hours we've tried to get that 15" floor tom tuned decently, the endless discussions over reading or not reading... it all boils down to this.

The average person not only DOES NOT KNOW what we do, he DOES NOT CARE.

I left Costco that day a bitter, broken and dispirited soul. My illusions were forever shattered and I burned every drumstick I owned that night in my fireplace, tears streaming down my face. My wife stared at me, dissolute in knowing that my world had come crashing down around me, but unawares as to how to fix what man had wrought.

I walk these empty streets now, a quiet, hollow husk that was once able to bring crowds to their feet with a flurry of well-timed quads and crossover accents. I reflect back to the days when I was blissfully unaware and able to delude myself, that any of it mattered....

...wow, that was some REALLY bad Thai food I had last night (urrrrp)

That. Was. Epic. Wow, I enjoyed reading that, haha.

at first glance i coulda sworn the sign back behind it said 'fresh douche'. how appropriate they give the guy who set it up credit up on the wall like that.

Just picked up this horrific little pic off Craigslist here in Houston last week. I can't imagine someone not jumping on this beauty right away.

attachment.php

Okay -- this thread is so fricken funny. But THIS picture made me laugh so hard that it brought tears to my eyes. Just so awesome!

you should have just jumped up on the shelf and fixed it right there.............if a manager or someone tries to get you to stop just say "Don't worry. I'm a professional." and keep about your business........

Heres a Swingstar for ya.
Courtesy of the Hartford Ct craigs.
OK, you hang the two small toms on the bass drum mount with the rods upside down.
What do you hang the other two rack toms on?
What do you put the snare on?

Attachments

• 3md3o53pf5Q45W35S5ab8b01c63afb8991fed.jpg
    3md3o53pf5Q45W35S5ab8b01c63afb8991fed.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2,382
  • 3p83o53l15T35X45R6ab815e864bcd27a1cd3.jpg
    3p83o53l15T35X45R6ab815e864bcd27a1cd3.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2,379
What do you hang the other two rack toms on?
What do you put the snare on?

those are actually the worlds smallest double bass drums, they don't need spurs cuz the weight of the pedals hold them completely off the ground. i believe they were marketed as free floating bass drums. and the snare is a free floater as well, new design actually, anti gravity snares. they hover just off to your side allowing for complete and unrestricted resonance ....

if i remember correctly their from the rare designer nemoy drums......

you should have just jumped up on the shelf and fixed it right there.............if a manager or someone tries to get you to stop just say "Don't worry. I'm a professional." and keep about your business........

I went back yesterday... STILL set up like that... and if we hadn't been in a hurry I would have!

I love this one. Who the hell set this up? Had he ever seen a drum kit before...I doubt it!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going!"

gravy1.jpg

I love this one. Who the hell set this up? Had he ever seen a drum kit before...I doubt it!

Whomever it is, goes around to each Costco setting them up that way. I challenge you all... go to your local Costco and take a phone pic of the Starcaster set they sell there. If anyone can beat mine, I .... I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe fly to your town and buy you a coffee? (Please live close, please live close!)

Here's a guy claiming he has a $5000 worth Pearl Export. Though he only wants $3500 for it.

It had better be spun out of pure 24k gold with silver plating, wake me up in the morning with a cup of coffee and *anything else I ask for*, then go to work for me at least four days of the week. And oh yes, I want dinner ready by six... sharp!

Here's a guy claiming he has a $5000 worth Pearl Export. Though he only wants $3500 for it.
trumset.jpg
That's one of the nicest looking Export kits that I have ever seen!
I still would only pay $500 for them!

This is the setup that igor cavalera of sepultura uses. I have no idea how he can be as fast as he is and have that much distance between the snare and his middle tom.

bateriaigorcavalera.jpg

Look at his hands during a fill, they are at head level. I dont even have my cymbals that high.

igorbateria.jpg

Back