MY KIT- Tell Me What You Think

Calummordue

update on post 33
Hello Guys im new to this
This is my drum kit. Its a Session Pro 5 piece.

Drums:
12" Rack Tom
13" Rack Tom (Not used)
14" Snare
16" Floor Tom
22" Bass

Cymbals
14" Sabian AAX Stage Hi Hats
16" Sabian AAX Stage Crash
20" Sabian AAX Stage Ride
16" Paiste 101 Crash ( Possibly Upgrading to a 20" HHXplosion Crash)

Heads
12" Remo Weatherking Pinstripe
13" Remo Weatherking Pinstripe
14" Remo Coated Ambassador
16" Remo Weatherking Pinstripe
22" Remo Weatherking Pinstripe
Moon Gel

Hardware
Stock Hi Hat stand
Stock Stool
Stock Bass Pedal ( Upgrading to a Iron Cobra Jr )
All stands are various makes; all double braced and solid!
Clamps

As Christmas is on the horizon i will be getting some new gear...
Tom stand
Mapex Drum Bags
Possibly a Iron Cobra Jr
Possibly a Sabian 20" HHXplosion Crash

New Pictures will be up after christmas :)
Tell me what you think...

DSC01312-1.jpg

DSC01313.jpg

DSC01314.jpg

DSC01315.jpg

DSC01316.jpg

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01318.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

Last edited:
nice like the ride good crashability?

good set up and cymbals how long have you been playing

plus are you absolutly loaded? ;)

nice like the ride good crashability?

good set up and cymbals how long have you been playing

plus are you absolutly loaded? ;)

Hello.. i have been playing for about 1 1\2 years...The ride is very crashable, i love it =) Im not absolutely loaded as my kit (Shells) cost like £320 and the cymbals i got from a local drum store for £280!! Thanks 4 the interest :)

ahh right ive been playing 3 and still on only b8s :( wanna get

aax stage ride (as crash)
aax celerator hihats
aa rbd ride
aa/x effects pack dunno which or a hhx 20" china plus a 10" splash
hhx evo ozine crash 16 or 18"

got
b8 hi hats 14"
b8 rock ride 20"
b8 china 18"
b8 splash 10"
b8 thin crash 16"
b8 pro thin crash 16"
stagg 12" splash

Kwl.. I got some 101's when bought the kit and thought i wanted new cymbals (after a year), so instead of getting b8's or xs20's, i decided to get the aax's so i wouldn't have to upgrade later.

I would recommend the stage ride.. it gives a good crash

dude,
Resize the pictures to around 800x600 (around) so you can get the whole picture on screen and them you will be able to see all of your (Fabulous) kit in one go (It's much easier)

Post the results...

Tris

Cool, very nice kit. But moongel on pinstripe?

Hey why not? I myself run pinstripes with Aquarian O rings get my toms a little more thud like myself. Everybody on here is so about personal preference and personal sound but moongels and such are always frowned upon for what to me is no reason. I say keep doing what your doing Calummordue as long as its the sound that you want or it keeps you happy.

Hey... yes because the quality of the drums arn't the best i use moongels. I did try an oring (Ering) on my snare but i found it cuts the ring too much. I like some ring on the snare so i tried moongel. I cant believe what a change the moongel and new heads make to the sound..

calum

Hey... yes because the quality of the drums arn't the best i use moongels. I did try an oring (Ering) on my snare but i found it cuts the ring too much. I like some ring on the snare so i tried moongel. I cant believe what a change the moongel and new heads make to the sound..

calum

Ok, thats fine. In no way was my post a criticism, just asking as im interested. I use moongel as well sometimes.
Another question (oh, the nerve...) where is you kit cause that makes a massive difference to the ringness (is that a word?) of the kit.

Hey... My kit is in a Crappy garage..The garage does have some soundproofing thou; some polystyrene on the walls and some cushions as bass traps... DIY soundproofing :)

calum

I snapped my bass pedal today.. The spring snapped and then the across bar fell though so as i was going down it bent..It had 3 years hard graft.... I went out and bought a Iron Cobra Jr, great pedal. I just hope i get some money 4 christmas now...

I snapped my bass pedal today.. The spring snapped and then the across bar fell though so as i was going down it bent..It had 3 years hard graft.... I went out and bought a Iron Cobra Jr, great pedal. I just hope i get some money 4 christmas now...

Calum, at least you got a new pedal! Hey, I can hadly see the pics...to me its not the size its the lighting even with my glasses on I can barely make it out. Shine some light there Buddy!!!

Welcome To the FORUM, it at least sounds like a nice set up kit, now I would love to see it under some light

Hello

Santa Came with a load of drum stuff!

Changes

Tama Iron Cobra jr (amazing pedal for the money!)

Sabian HHXplosion Crash 18" (lovely crash, very loud)

Stagg 1000 Series Boom Stand (its actually very good)

Counter Weight (came with stand)

Mapex Drum Bags (rock sizes, recording in the next few weeks)

Stagg Three Way Clamp

I Recently made a hole in my bass drum Head (for Recording)

Hope you like my additions.. If you any questions just post!

Recording soon so next pics will be soon!

Enjoy

DSC01464.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01477.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

DSC01485.jpg

DSC01487.jpg

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01499.jpg

DSC01500.jpg

Last edited:
Calum, at least you got a new pedal! Hey, I can hadly see the pics...to me its not the size its the lighting even with my glasses on I can barely make it out. Shine some light there Buddy!!!

Welcome To the FORUM, it at least sounds like a nice set up kit, now I would love to see it under some light

Are those new pictures good with the light? I changed the Exposure on my camera. Let me know if there ok..

Back