Ladies DrummerWorld Drummers?

Sirwill

Silver Member
As a proud member of DrummerWorld I have a question. Were are all the Lady Drummers? Is it me, or are we lacking the coed spirit? Step up Ladies and show use your chops!

The Ladies...

Cindy Blackman
Terri Lyne Carrington
Sheila E.
Vera Figueiredo
Camille Gainer
Evelyn Glennie
Carola Grey
Susie Ibarra
Hilary Jones
Sherrie Maricle
Kim Thompson
Meg White

Or are you looking for actual forum members?

I'm a lady DW drummer. Unfortunately, my parents disapprove of my video recording of my skills and posting them on the internet until I am in college/university. I don't have decent equipment anyway so I can wait till college/uni.

I'm a lady DW drummer. Unfortunately, my parents disapprove of my video recording of my skills and posting them on the internet until I am in college/university. I don't have decent equipment anyway so I can wait till college/uni.

*smiles*... glad your here drummerchick! Your a mark on this forum!

Hello, Colleagues.

I have got quite several DW Lady Drummers friends: Neurotica, Kristen, Zorlee, ChickDrummer, 7DaystotheWolves, DrummerGirl09, drummerchick435 and more.

Ladies! I salute you, you are the meaning and spices of life...

Kindest Regards,

Ian

Hello, Colleagues.

I have got quite several DW Lady Drummers friends: Neurotica, Kristen, Zorlee, ChickDrummer, 7DaystotheWolves, DrummerGirl09, drummerchick435 and more.

Kindest Regards,

Ian

Amen! Great name drops IW.

Thank you for your reply. And we look forward to hearing you play on DrummerWorld.

Hey! I'm here! I know I don't post all the time, but I'm always here reading everything and soaking it all in. I just started drumming at the begining of this year, so I still have a lot to learn. I must say I love DW, so much great info. I am definetly addicted to drumming, its all I ever think about. I wish I would have started when I was ten, but better late than never, right? Anyways, back to your question, I don't have any recordings of me playing yet, but maybe someday... =)

Hi! Another woman drummer here. I don't have anything to post yet. IMO, my "chops" are in rather short supply. But, I do play in a band and at church so I am getting better. I also started rather late in life. But you are absolutely right, Kristen. It is never too late to start. Rock on, ladies!

Hello, Colleagues.

Kindest Regards,

Ian

Thanks for the mention Ian =]
Some times it feels good to be the "rare" ones because you stick out more :p Just kidding.
The girls are giving an update, so I will too. I'm still with the band that I complained about on an older thread; they have actually improved a lot on practicing. We are doing a Battle of the Bands soon actually. And I am very active in my church also. I'm beginning to get started on a little bit of jazz playing, I'm excited =D

Hello, Colleagues.

Kindest Regards,

Ian

Pretty sure that is a guy from Norway

Great, you're here! All 6 of you...

I wonder, why the disproportion?

Cause forums like these are full of internet stalkers like me. ERRRRRRR......

i mean there are waaay more guy drummers than girl drummers. Naturally, there would be proportionately the same ratio of forum members.

That is 100% correct!
Maybe my posts are too feminine...
Or maybe people haven't listened to the genius of Hiromi Uehara (my avatar), and therefore believe I'm that chick. Well, the fantasy stops now! I'm just your usual, average looking Viking! :D

I also stand corrected along with Ian. I have corresponded with Zorlee many times and I never realized that He was a He. It wasn't what Zorlee said, It was simply the avatar pic. I never gave it any thought beyond that. Sorry about that Zorlee!

Back