Work. When is enough enough?

Considering your past and the fact that you're still here, can only mean you must have been making the right choices at the right time. Just look after yourself.

Dutch

Thanks Dutch. I am also grateful you treated me like an adult and not some fool crying for help.
None of which I did.

When I speak to my mates who are full time musicians, none of them treat it like some addict hoping for a free hit. None believe I am trying to make them jealous because I have a gig. They too have gigs.

As for my wise decision to visit the hospital, it was assumed over work may have contributed to my feeling ill. Testing later revealed pneumonia. Not surprizing seeing Sydney has had insane weather. Hot and humid, cold, sunny, rain etc etc. Apparently many people have serious flu and pneumonia.

As stated in the OP, I was curious how others dealt with working hard. When they say enough. That is all. Bermuda offered an idea to which I could relate and seemed real. In this day and age when many are out of work and struggling, having steady work is appreciated.
I then find myself bending over backwards to say I have a fear of being out of work in order to show I am not an arrogant arse. All I have done is talk about my job and asked others about theirs. Something to which I remain curious.

Thanks again Dutch. Also to Andy and MAD and others.

Wy, perhaps what you are really seeking here a mechanisms of coping with your level of work and the stress.

Maybe what you need are exercises in maximising time, being as efficient as possible and stress relieving exercises?

Unfortunately I can't give you much advice on either of those things, except perhaps massage for relaxation, or perhaps giving yourself 20 dedicated minutes every couple of hours where you are not working. Just sit and listen to music perhaps.

Back