same kit, new setup. going rockstar... haha

dwdrums673

so, havent been on here in a while... i know i posted pics of my kit before, but ive since changed the setup. i was going for a really rockstar setup. i love it. 1 up, 2 down (not using my 10" tom). and i flattened everything out and moved my cymbals around. its soooo much fun to play.

specs:
pdp lx - regal to royal fade
toms: 10" (not using right now), 12", 14", 16"
22" x 18" bass drum
14" x 5" snare

A custom 14" high hats
A custom 16" crash
A custom 18" fast crash
A custom 20" ride
zbt china (just for fun... haha)

and heres the pics:

DSCF1550.jpg

DSCF1546.jpg

DSCF1545.jpg

DSCF1543.jpg

DSCF1541.jpg

DSCF1538.jpg

DSCF1580.jpg

just a fun pic... not really that much of a showoff. haha

and yeah, i need new heads.

whaddya guys think?

Last edited:
thanks guys! i love the setup... so much fun. and the color is awesome too... it really does look much better in person though. and best of all, it sounds even better than it looks (other than the fact that the heads are ready to go)

Great stuff and good pics. I had the Hi Energy head on my snare for a while and really liked it. Right now I'm running the Texture Coated w/Power Dot. Give that a whirl one day down the road; the Z100 coating is incredible.

thanks guys!
and thanks tenpastten.... ill have to look into that. ive been thinking about getting a new head for a while... i love the one i have, but i feel like i could get a much better sound with a diff head... its almost too heavy for having a relatively shallow snare.
and yeah, i love the color too :) and im pretty sure that every person who has ever posted a pic of their kit has said this, but the pictures really dont do justice to the finish. haha ;)

Back