New PDP Platinum seires finally here!!!

remoking

I ordered a bass and snare of the new PDP Platinum series about 2 weeks ago and they're finally here! In about a month I'll be buying a rack tom, as well as a floor tom. (I'll post those up when they arrive) These drums look amazing! I know alot of people aren't satisfied with Pacific Drums, but these truely are the best drums they have made yet! They sound amazing too!!! Well worth the money!

Anways.... here they they are! ( I found a pic on my computer of my cymbals I took a while back, so I threw that in just for fun)

Finish - Finishply: White Oyster

18x22" bass

5x14" snare

Cymbals -

A Custom 20" Medium Ride
A Custom 18" Projection Crash
A Custom 16" Fast Crash
A Custom 14" Mastersound hi-hat pair

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• kevins drums 002.jpg
    kevins drums 002.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,077
  • kevins drums 003.jpg
    kevins drums 003.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,041
  • kevins drums 004.jpg
    kevins drums 004.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,361
  • kevins drums 005.jpg
    kevins drums 005.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,213
  • kevins drums 006.jpg
    kevins drums 006.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 991
  • kevins drums 007.jpg
    kevins drums 007.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 996
  • kevins drums 001.jpg
    kevins drums 001.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 977
Last edited:
looks great man, cant wait to see the finish pics!

my I ask why you are buying individual drums? Doesn't that cost more?

Anyways...that is one of my favorite finishes, and I love Pacific's approach to the tube lug.

my I ask why you are buying individual drums? Doesn't that cost more?

Anyways...that is one of my favorite finishes, and I love Pacific's approach to the tube lug.

I'm buying the drums individually because the stock sets that I've seen so far, haven't had all the drum sizes I'm looking for. And to answer your question about cost, it will only cost about $30 more in the end...so I don't mind :p

AWESOME!

Yeah, for the money they are hard to beat. My CX recorded great.
Congrats on your new Platinum!

2 WEEKS???????

Try 7 months and counting in the UK. ARRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

WOW! 7 months? I think I remember you metnioning that to me in another recent post of mine hah. Where did you order from? Altought it could take longer to ship to the U.K., it certainly doesn't seem like it should take nearly as long as 7 months! Anyways, hope you get yours soon lol.

WOW! 7 months? I think I remember you metnioning that to me in another recent post of mine hah. Where did you order from? Altought it could take longer to ship to the U.K., it certainly doesn't seem like it should take nearly as long as 7 months! Anyways, hope you get yours soon lol.

Oops. Apologies for hijacking you post for my ranting again. I have been told it's imminent though I have been told that quite a few times.

How does it sound? Please tell me it sounds amazing and it's the best kit you've ever played!!

Oops. Apologies for hijacking you post for my ranting again. I have been told it's imminent though I have been told that quite a few times.

How does it sound? Please tell me it sounds amazing and it's the best kit you've ever played!!

Haha it's ok. The bass and snare are all I have right now, but they sound amazing! I can amagine that once I replace the stock heads it'll sound even better. The quality is remarkable as well. What finish did you order, and what sizes?

Haha it's ok. The bass and snare are all I have right now, but they sound amazing! I can amagine that once I replace the stock heads it'll sound even better. The quality is remarkable as well. What finish did you order, and what sizes?

Satin Oil Tobacco to Black Burst.
Kick: 24 x 18
Rack 1: 8 x 12
Rack 2: 9 x 12
Floor Tom: 16 x 18
Snare: 6 x 14

Can't wait to get it. Mainly I'm looking forward to having a good kick drum. Mine is utter rubbish at the moment and when we jam I can barely hear it.

are you getting two 12" toms up top? or is that a typo?

Hehe. What a mug. I just looked at the photo of your kit and thought "wow what an unusual set up, he's got a little tom on the right and a rack tom mounted on the right side of the kick and he plays open handed".

I looked a little closer and now I feel silly.

What did you pay for them?

Hmm, I'm not a fan of 12" and 13" toms to be my racks. If I had a 13 on my rack, it would have to go with a 10". I like my sizes to be even. 12" and 13" rack just makes me think of every beginner kit and I don't know, I just don't dig it. But if that's what you like, go for it. :]

Back