New SJC Custom snare to go with kit!!

matt986

Just picked her up this morning, 14x8 maple acrylic hybrid. Freakin amazing...I love it!! Please let me know what you think ;-) I also put a few pics of the kit for those of you who haven't seen it yet. Thanks in advance for taking the time to check these out!!

Attachments

• prod_matt_terribile_snare.jpg
    prod_matt_terribile_snare.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 2,433
  • prod_matt_terribile_snare2.jpg
    prod_matt_terribile_snare2.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 2,432
  • prod_matt_terribile_.jpg
    prod_matt_terribile_.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 1,944
  • prod_matt_terribile_bassdrum.jpg
    prod_matt_terribile_bassdrum.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 2,573
Thanks guys!! They sound as good as they look too, when I can get some sound clips of them I'll post them.

Very NICE indeed. 14 x 8 is going to scream. Oh My.
The kit is gorgeous also.

That's pretty unique. Really makes it looks like it's a ghost drum or something... has this eery floating quality to it. Looks cool.

SJC is just about as custom as you can get. Those are beauties. I especially like the wood badges with your name on them.

Wow guys, thanks for all the comments!! I appreciate them all!

To answer / respond,

gruntersdad, it does scream, but it's music to my ears!! loud and tight, i love it.

burnthehero: Sort of..the finish is a wromy maple veneer with a medium brown walnut stain with a lacquer that was tinted honey amber. The snare was faded to match the kit.

Hateplow: The wood badges are awesome, they are probably my favorite part too!! The name badge was Mike, the co-owner of the company's idea. He thought it would be cool to have two. They are also raised off the drum almost as far as the lugs are. Makes for a cool effect. The Victorian script is the same one used for the badges on the drummer from Panic! at the disco's kit.

please feel free to post any questions!!

like that ipod ad, "sjc, is my hot hot sex :D" I LOVE sjc drums! If only I had the money, or an endorsement :D

The woody veneer was actually a suggestion from Mike, one of the owners...he was the guy who helped me design the kit...punkdrummer, they are always accepting demos. Send one up...you never know what might happen! Those are great guys up there!

Wow, sick kit, even sicker snare. I really like the wood badges to. SJC just jumped back into the horizon of possible drums i'm looken at,

Wow, you are a very lucky man. Your snare is unique, to say the least. But your kit is just out of this world. That wood grain and finish is perfect.

Cavica, You should def. give SJC a look, they are great guys to work with and their craftsmanship speaks for its self. Email them, ([email protected]) and ask em some questions.....tell em Matt sent you, lol....you would love their stuff.

Katman, thats exactly what I was talking about in the other thread....no production company can do that, lol...thank you again for your compliments.

Wooho, looks arty!
First I didn`t see the acrylic really and I thought it was accidentally cut. Mh, basically it was...but not accidentally, haha!
Have never tried those hybrid (wood-acrylic) drums, yet. Will the acryl add more volume and "coolness"?
And is it usual that the lugs are off-set a bit?

However...what a beauty!

Karl

Back