My "New" DW Silver Badge Kit

ChrisCirino

Please skip ahead if you are not a DW geek like me.

Very similar to my other DW Kit just bigger sizes. I've been playing a lot more classic rock lately and thought the change was warranted. The only new drum is the 16x22 bass drum, all the other drums are part of my original DW kit. When I ordered the new BD, DW was supposed to match my older kit with the same gold & silver badges. They of course did not, but after 4 months of chiding they supplied me with the newer silver & black badges for all my drums, so they are actually masquerading as new DWs.

DW Collector’s Series (Finish Ply, Silver Sparkle):
7 X 10 VLT Tom (Batter: Coated Emperor, Resonant: Clear Ambassador)
8 X 12, VLT Tom (Batter: Coated Emperor, Resonant: Clear Ambassador)
10 X 16, X-Shell Floor Tom (Batter: Coated Emperor, Resonant: Clear Ambassador)
16 X 22, X-Shell Bass Drum (Batter: Clear PS3, Resonant: Smooth White PS3)

Ludwig:
6.5 X 14, LM402 Snare Drum (Batter: Coated CS, Resonant: Ambassador Snare)

Zildjian A & K Custom:
12” A Custom Mastersound hi-hats
13” K/A Mastersound hi-hats
16” A Custom EFX
17” K Custom Hybrid Crash
17” A Custom Crash
17” K Custom Hybrid China
20” K Custom Hybrid Ride

Hardware:
DW 9000 Double Bass Pedal
DW 9000 hi-hat stand

Electronics:
Roland SPD-20
ddrum Pro Acoustic Bass Drum Trigger

Attachments

• New DW 1.jpg
    New DW 1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,704
  • New DW Driver's Seat.jpg
    New DW Driver's Seat.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,446
Last edited:
Wicked setup my friend, I'd love to see some more pictures!!

I love the look of that 16"x10" Floor Tom, I bet you get alot of attack outta it.

If you don't mind my asking, why the BD trigger?

-Jonathan

I generally use the trigger for monitoring but will occasionally pipe it out front to change my bass drum sound.

I generally use the trigger for monitoring but will occasionally pipe it out front to change my bass drum sound.

I like the idea of using it for monitors, I frequently find that I'm struggling to hear it with the amount natural drums/cymbals that I'm hearing from the drums themselves. Thanks for the idea!

So as a newbie in the world of triggers, what do you send the signal from the trigger into? I'm assuming some sort of module, but what makes/models are there? which one do you use?

-Jonathan

The BD triggers sounds from my SPD-20. One output for the SPD-20 goes into our PA, while another goes to a 4 channel mixer that I use for monitoring.

Beautiful set, and I like how tidy it's all set up :) Looks very comfortable to play

Back