I am a happy camper (cymbal setup)

Rascul

So, picked up my new Istanbul 25th Anniversary Ride (20,5") and Istanbul Traditional Med-Thin Crash (18") yesterday and added them to my jazz setup. That setup, including my SE Ride and Masterwork hihat, now looks something like this:

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

The Cadeson set isn't mine (practice set for bigband), the Sonor Designer snare is. Don't mind the picture quality, iPhone cameras aren't the best.

Yes, I am a very happy camper :)

Very nice setup mate, interesting how it's a 20.5" ride, does that half an inch make all the difference then lolz

No idea - they don't make 'em in any other sizes. Guess this was very 'old-school', reminiscent of a time when 20" cymbals were not exactly 20".

No idea - they don't make 'em in any other sizes. Guess this was very 'old-school', reminiscent of a time when 20" cymbals were not exactly 20".

This limited edition and now discontinued since the production run was completed 20.5" handmade Turkish pie is based on the particular profile shape of a specific old Turkish cymbal Agop modelled it after and yes many of those weren't precisely 20" in size Rascul.

I know, someone from Agop actually showed me those 'roots' at the Messe a couple of years back. I have been wanting one ever since, and it didn't disappoint.

Turns out a Zildjian ride I scored is actually 22.5". Loving your setup though. Looks like a blast :D

Back