i bought my first 21" ride

v.zarate

Gold Member
Like the title says. I was at my local GC 2 days ago. I walked in to buy a pair of reso heads (to be ready when the time comes) and of course to mess around. As I was in the cymbal room, I heard a older fellow tapping all the zildjians. As he went down the rides, one of them caught my ears. I told him, that the previous one had a really good sound to it. He re-tapped it and said yes it did and continued to the other rides. So I asked him if he was interested in it and he said nope, that he was looking for a dark sounding one. I started to play around on it with much interest till i choked on the 300 dollar price tag. The sales person tells me its on sale for $150 so I decide to buy it. As its being rung up, im told it was marked down another $30. I was really happy walking out the store.

20140522_205117_zpstn2q6ajp.jpg

you got that for 120..00? Thank goodness for us older guys tapping cymbals huh..That cymbals is 329,00 at Musicians Friend

that's a great deal. I'm happy for you. Enjoy it man.

Hawt damn. At $120 I would have bought it, and sold it to make a profit.
Sweet catch.

Thanks guys. I could sell it to make profit but I wont. It just sounds really good to my ears. Ive been looking for a ride to replace my medium A custom which im not too fond of.

What a deal! Awesome, enjoy it!

...congrats !!

I don't know why but for me, 21" is a magic number: All the rides I like are 21".

Wow $120 !!!

Phil.

Thanks guys. I could sell it to make profit but I wont. It just sounds really good to my ears. Ive been looking for a ride to replace my medium A custom which im not too fond of.

If you like it, you'd probably regret selling it.
The few extra bucks you'd make, wouldn't make up for losing a cymbal you like in the long run.
And if you'd regret selling it and wanted to get another one, it's unlikely you'd find another new one at that price.

Keep it, enjoy it, and know you got a good deal on it.

If you like it, you'd probably regret selling it.
The few extra bucks you'd make, wouldn't make up for losing a cymbal you like in the long run.
And if you'd regret selling it and wanted to get another one, it's unlikely you'd find another new one at that price.

Keep it, enjoy it, and know you got a good deal on it.

Yes. I also feel the same way. Its definitely a cymbal I like so why get rid of it.

Back