And I'm back!

M

Matt Bo Eder

Whew!

Drummerworld goes down and I think I was one of the lucky ones that never regained access. I had to resort to opening a new account so basically I'm a brand-new member.

This is my FIRST post!

Hello, this is "Matt Bo Eder" from SoCal, I'm a freelance drummer currently working for the Disneyland Resort as both drummer and sound engineer. I do alot of photography as well. Along with those two vocations, I'm a staff musician for Brea-Olinda HS's show choir department, and am currently involved in a music project with a fairly well-known guitarist who is the current guitarist with that 70s fusion band, Ambrosia. We hope to go live in January.

I love to help out, and have probably played every mass-produced kit on the planet by now. I'm sorta connected with Pearl and play a Pearl Reference Pure kit (12/14/16/22), but I've also been a Ludwig fan most of my life and also own a 2013 Classic Maple kit (13/16/24 and 6.5 Supra). Don't be surprised if I announce new acquisitions from time-to-time.

One new update: yesterday I decided to go back to regular ol frosty-white ambassadors on my Reference kit, along with a newly acquired PS3 black dot for the bass drum. I've gone back to a slightly higher jazz tuning and have noticed that they sound more musically drum-like in more situations (the dull and thuddy sound works well in soft situations and if mic'ed up).

So all is well. I'm back on Drummerworld!

I had to get a new account as well. We can be noobs together, again :) Nice to meet you.

PS...I still have your autographed pic on my refrigerator. It's so nice to be able to converse with one's heroes here on drummerworld!

Hi Bo,

Glad you're here. One rule on Drummerworld is that you must show pictures of your drum sets. You must have a few laying around somewhere that you can post, right?

Oh, yeah, videos too.

;-)

BTW, get yourself a sexy avatar. You won't believe what it'll do for your popularity!

I had to get a new account as well. We can be noobs together, again :) Nice to meet you.

PS...I still have your autographed pic on my refrigerator. It's so nice to be able to converse with one's heroes here on drummerworld!

It's a HUGE deal to be posted on the fridge! Thanks and welcome back! Good to see you've returned Mary!

Bo Eder is back, and Ah ha I knew it-the number of forum members had surpassed the 100K mark and then after the cyber attack it dropped to 92K. So I figure at least 8 k got eaten beside Bo. Welcome back. I made a new moniker too but my old one came back eventually.

Hi Bo,

Glad you're here. One rule on Drummerworld is that you must show pictures of your drum sets. You must have a few laying around somewhere that you can post, right?

Oh, yeah, videos too.

;-)

BTW, get yourself a sexy avatar. You won't believe what it'll do for your popularity!

Hahaha! I'll have to work on that ;)

Wow whole memberships got deleted?

Glad to have you back man.

My condolences to your high post count, terrible tragedy.

Well, not sure if my membership was obliterated, but either my old username or old password was not recognized. When I did the thing of "press here to get your password", nothing happened. I informed Bernard of this and although he informed me personally everything was ok, I still did not have access, and never could get my password sent to me. It sounds like the site just had a major meltdown. I thought there was even more of a meltdown when I signed up again with a new user name and password and that process took five days to clear before I could start posting.

I'm not too worried about the high post count. Now I can post questions like "What do you think of ______ drumsets?" or "I'm thinking of the Zildjian Pitch Blacks, what do you guys think?" or "Do you think I can get a good drumset for $200?"

I'm really looking forward to being a noob again ;)

I was just gonna say this about the high post count.

At least your back, it wount take long for you to reach it again, post counts i mean

Well, not sure if my membership was obliterated, but either my old username or old password was not recognized. When I did the thing of "press here to get your password", nothing happened. I informed Bernard of this and although he informed me personally everything was ok, I still did not have access, and never could get my password sent to me. It sounds like the site just had a major meltdown. I thought there was even more of a meltdown when I signed up again with a new user name and password and that process took five days to clear before I could start posting.

I'm not too worried about the high post count. Now I can post questions like "What do you think of ______ drumsets?" or "I'm thinking of the Zildjian Pitch Blacks, what do you guys think?" or "Do you think I can get a good drumset for $200?"

Bo, we know u made a new account to troll

So glad you're back!

What've you bought while you were away?

Welcome back, Bo ............................​

Or you could start a thread with something silly like "I'm thinking of getting some DWs in zebra stripe finish or some Ludwigs that look like blue snowcone vomit.

Glad you're back Bo.

So glad you're back!

What've you bought while you were away?

Well, I think before the Drummerworld Meltdown, I was talking about upgrading my computer systems. And that's all completed. I got the new 27" iMac for the desk (it's amazing to have both the keyboard and mouse be wireless), and I also picked up a 13" MacBookAir for all my mobile stuff.

I'm not used to my computers always looking to connect to the internet via WiFi - this is new to me. Also new was the fact that I've had to upgrade my 10-year-old Photoshop CS program (my bread-and-butter), along with just about everything else since Mac's new OS reaks havoc with all my old stuff. So maybe it was good being thrown off DW for this long - it gave me a chance to upgrade everything.

The silver lining is that the budget-conscious Photoshop Elements 13 that you can get for $79, does everything my old pro Photoshop CS did from ten years ago (that cost around $500-ish then).

What's really strange is you show up on posts with 11,000+ posts and when I clicked on your name your "old" profile came up.

So I have to ask... did the DWF not recognize your new desktop or did you really get dumped? Which leads me to wonder... did the forum crash or did you secretly get the boot? :0

What's really strange is you show up on posts with 11,000+ posts and when I clicked on your name your "old" profile came up.

So I have to ask... did the DWF not recognize your new desktop or did you really get dumped? Which leads me to wonder... did the forum crash or did you secretly get the boot? :0

Hmm, I click on my name and a new blank profile comes up. Hard to tell if I was lost due to the crash or maybe Bernard wanted to clean out his list?

Afterall, it did take a few days before they cleared me to post......

Yea, your old profile is still there. Strange. I bet the mods could flip flop it back to the way it was.

Back