taye drum information

DistryctDrummer

does anyone have any info on Taye drums? i've heard everything from "they were owned by Ayotte" to "theyre not much better than a Synsonics kit". i have a rock pro hardwood kit and waswanting to do research before i decided to keep them or sell them. any info is appreciated.

I don't know anything about Taye, but I get that you have a Taye kit, and you want to decide to keep it or sell it, based on information about Taye?

I think you like the sound of the kit, otherwise you would have sold it already.

Let's assume Taye is a company with a bad reputation (I really don't know anything about it, so please do not think its my opinion that Taye is a bad company). You like the sound, but because of the reputation you want to sell the kit??

Let's assume Taye is a company with a good reputation. You want to keep the kit, because it's made by a good company?

If you like the kit, why would you sell it?

Or do I get you wrong and you are in the process of buying a kit?? If so, I've said nothing.

Bram

I have a Taye TourPro kit and i love them. Yes, Taye drums were designed, in part, by Ron Ayotte. I like their hardware. Its innovative, sturdy and diverse. The drums sound great (imo). Ive had several differant heads on mine and always like what i get.

Thank you both very much for the input. I was impressed withe hardware as well. The actual drums sound great as well. My issue is space and the time may be coming to thin the herd, so to speak. As mentioned, they sound great. I'm just trying to find any reason I can to keep them. They are even the same sizes(12,13,16,&22) as my stage kit. Any decision made would not be reached due to a fault with the taye company. I just have a humble collection with very meager space. I'm a confessed Pack Rat so they'll more than likely remain in the stable, but with a Gretsch New Classic kit on it's way, only the shadow knows. Lol

Last edited:
Back