My DW Performance Series - Sapphire Blue

art5

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum.
Just would like to share a few pics of my new DW performance series - sapphire blue finish. Lucky I ordered this in time because they discontinued this finish a week after I ordered it.
Waited 6 months for this kit, worth the wait. The finish is gorgeus, photos don't really do it justice but I hope you enjoy....!
(though not a big fan of DW stock heads - cant wait to replace them with some Remos or Aquarians)

sizes:
22 x 18 kick
10 x 8 tom 1
12 x 9 tom 2
16 x 14 floor tom
14 x 6.5 snare

Cymbals (L-R): (all sabians)
14" HHX groove hats
16" HHX Evolution crash
10" HHX Evolution splash
17" HHX-plosion crash
18" HHX Ozone crash

Hardwares are mix of Pearl, DW, Yamaha & Gibraltar

Thanks & peace out

Attachments

• P1000386.jpg
    P1000386.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 4,336
  • P1000387.jpg
    P1000387.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2,284
  • P1000388.jpg
    P1000388.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 2,081
  • P1000390.jpg
    P1000390.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,965
  • P1000396.jpg
    P1000396.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 3,561
  • P1000400.jpg
    P1000400.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 2,266
  • P1000407.jpg
    P1000407.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 2,233
  • P1000410.jpg
    P1000410.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2,445
  • P1000413.jpg
    P1000413.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 2,675
  • P1000415.jpg
    P1000415.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 2,373
Wow, congratulations! Looks fantastic. I recently got a Performance kit in red, and it took about 5 months. Yes, worth the wait. Enjoy.

Yes congrats.

I got the black one last year,then added an 8-inch tom...

A drummer at a local bar gig I did last week said it was the nicest kit he'd seen on a local level.

Souds great as well, especially the toms which are a breeze to tune...

Congrats on the kit!!!

Another person that sets up the toms to the left of bass drum...hi-5!

Wait...you didn't list your ride did you? I'm guessing it's a RBDR?

Last edited:
Awesome and Congrats!! I got mine in the Ebony finish last year. I thought it was bad having to wait 8 weeks to get mine, holy cow 6 months :-o I'd have gone nuts!

Congrats, very nice. Love the smaller lugs. Does it come with a pillow for the BD? Is the pearl pedal going to survive or are you going full DW?

what dont you like about the stock heads and what kind of heads would you consider putting on?

looks sweet. I love the finish, so clean and simple but it really pops. should be a fun set.

Congrats on the kit!!!

Another person that sets up the toms to the left of bass drum...hi-5!

Wait...you didn't list your ride did you? I'm guessing it's a RBDR?

Hi there
ups sorry forgot about that one.
Yes its Sabian Raw Bell Dry Ride, 21" natural finish.
I love the stick definition, awesome clean sound & bell is great. Not so good for wash & crash-riding IMO.

Me personally i prefer traditional finish for my rides (I also own Bosphorus traditional medium ride 20" & Zildjian Armand ride 21", all traditional finishes) rather than brilliant finish cuz I find brilliant too glassy and bright at times (for rides)
Just my personal opinion & I find brilliant finish great for everything else (crashes, hihats etc)

Thanks

Congrats, very nice. Love the smaller lugs. Does it come with a pillow for the BD? Is the pearl pedal going to survive or are you going full DW?

what dont you like about the stock heads and what kind of heads would you consider putting on?

Hey thanks very much for the compliment.

Yes I love the smaller turret lugs, much better than the bigger ones on collectors IMO.
The kick does come with 2 internal pillows, velcro-ed to just touching the heads from the inside.
It works fine but I guess adding more dampener for more low punchy attack is never out of the option.

I like the eliminators, that should last me quite a while. When the time comes I will replace with either iron cobra or 9000 series. Haven't decided yet. They all good!! Maybe you have inputs?

The stock heads are ok but I dont know I guess my ears are too used to remo coated ambassadors. I love the warmth & the note they hold.
For the kick I will definitely get remo powerstore pro (clear) when it is time.
How about you what heads do you like?

Thanks

Last edited:
looks sweet. I love the finish, so clean and simple but it really pops. should be a fun set.

Hi there thank you very much for the compliment.
The finish is awesome, jaw-dropping especially when I 1st took it out of the box.
Very lucky cuz they discontinued this finish now or so I heard. Cannot find it on DW's website anymore

thanks

Awesome and Congrats!! I got mine in the Ebony finish last year. I thought it was bad having to wait 8 weeks to get mine, holy cow 6 months :-o I'd have gone nuts!

Hi there thanks for the kind words!
Ebony finish is gorgeusss too I was really tossing up between that or this sapphire blue.

Yea 6 months...!! !! super looooong wait, I was told was gonna take 12 weeks but I knew it would take much longer.
Congrats on your ebony stain kit too!

I bought a pearl eliminator years ago, I have also bought and sold for my 2nd kit a dw-9000, and an axis longboard. Then my wife bought me a speed cobra which I still have but my main pedal is still the Eliminator believe it or not. The speed cobra is a very nice, smooth pedal but I still prefer my eliminator with the red cam for reasons I cannot really explain other than it just feels more natural to me.

I bought a pearl eliminator years ago, I have also bought and sold for my 2nd kit a dw-9000, and an axis longboard. Then my wife bought me a speed cobra which I still have but my main pedal is still the Eliminator believe it or not. The speed cobra is a very nice, smooth pedal but I still prefer my eliminator with the red cam for reasons I cannot really explain other than it just feels more natural to me.

Hi there,

Me too recently I changed to red cam for my eliminator for more speed (or so the manual says)
Have yet to see how that will work out for me.

Should note eliminator is a lot cheaper too than DW 9000.......less than 1/2 the price

Back