Limited Edition 14 x 6 Mapex Black Panther Maple snare

M

moretulife

Last week I was in my local Long & Mcquade, when I saw this pretty little Mapex Black Panther snare. It has almost the same finish as my Limited Edition Sienna Fade kit, except this is a burst. It also has Chrome lugs on it, which makes it look quite different. This drum was built exclusively for Long & Mcquade, which is a big music chain here in Canada.

This snare was only $220 dollars, and when I tuned it up in the store, and started playing, I was blown away. It is an all maple snare, with Mapex's sound savour hoops on it, for a lovely controlled pop. It comes with utility grade heads which is a bit of a disappointment, but for that price, you really can't complain. Most people buy there own heads from day one anyways. Anyone in Canada that has the chance, should try one of these out. Don't think you will be disappointed.

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

the Sonic Saver hoops look like the StickSaver hoops, which are actually bearing edge savers.

the Sonic Saver hoops look like the StickSaver hoops, which are actually bearing edge savers.
Yes buddy, you are right. I never had any before, but I guess they are a copy of the old Slingerland hoops. They also help focus the sound. All the new Black Panther kits and snares have them.

beautiful looking snare. I saw one like it an ad and it looked good, but to see actual pictures, beauty. I'm pretty sure I missed out on em, sucks same finish as my kit. anyway, congrats.

beautiful looking snare. I saw one like it an ad and it looked good, but to see actual pictures, beauty. I'm pretty sure I missed out on em, sucks same finish as my kit. anyway, congrats.
My buddy just picked one up last week. There are still the odd one around.

Back