Played with any big names latley?

Class A Drummer

Pioneer Member
Sorry if this thread has been done but I was just wondering.

Have any of you guys played with any seasoned pro's/big names in the music business lately/ever?

Yesterday, I played with Robin Eubanks, a world class trombonist, and I also played with a great trumpet player named Brad Goode a few months ago.

Both were amazing players and I feel that playing with such talent made me perform at my best (perhaps slightly in fear of getting 'looked at').

It was pretty cool because both times each musician at the end complimented my playing, and even told me i "had skills" and "lade a fat groove."

Anyone else?

*Edit- I forgot to mention, 2 or 3 days ago, the Composer for the music of the film, "Slum Dog Millionare," came to here our jazz band play (miami university), and he gave us alot of compliments. I didn't realize I was performing in front of a two time grammy winner until after we were done playing haha.

Jeff- Is Wayne related to Chuck Bergeron, the bassist?

I don't think I've played a paying gig with anyone legitimately famous. Here and there I do get to do things with Glen Moore (bassist for Oregon), David Goldblatt (recorded and toured with Vinnie, and a ton of other stuff), Nancy King (one of the great jazz vocalists living), and Weber Iago (Brazilian pianist, Latin Grammy nominee) either I call them, or we're both sidemen, or occasionally they call me.

Played after Madcon in front of 5-6000 people 1 month ago.

I played with Weird Al last night! Well, just as I have for the last 30 years....

Class A, you should update everybody regarding your current activities. I remember when you posted here 20 times a day. Sounds like you're still having fun with your music. What jazz band are you in at University of Miami?

Hmm. I once did a gig supporting a band called Waysted, featuring the bassist from UFO, Pete Way. It was in a small pub in Bournemouth. Not really a big name at all. The singer in that band sang on the theme tune to 'The Office', I think. Also did a gig supporting Alestorm in 2009, and I'll be playing drums for Chris Bowes' new project Gloryhammer when that happens. I think that's probably it. I hope to have more to add before too long!

Oh, if playing in front of people counts, I've done a battle of the bands gig where Gary Brooker from Procol Harum was one of the judges.

Last edited:
I have played with Chesney Hawkes, an 80s pop star in the uk, also Andy Bell the front man of Erasure. Thats was all about two years ago, not huge names now I supose. I did play a gig infront of Natalie Imbruglai, she was in the frond row shaking it, we tried to get her up for a song, but she was to drunk! haha

I played with Weird Al last night! Well, just as I have for the last 30 years....

no shit!!! john bermuda schwartz? i remember air drumming to "bad hair day" and to "fat" and "eat it", and all the other great big hits!! can't believe these forums have a member who shaped the pop culture of a multitude of generations!!

I played with Esteban a few weeks ago in CT and have another show coming up in Vegas.(Like I have for the last 20 years) I played with my own band that is nothing but class a players yesterday. see the link if your interested.

http://youtu.be/4Y09WxG1FXU

Joe

Joe, Excellent music as a whole and your drumming is incredibly tasteful. Thanks for sharing - This forum has so many great drummers!

What a Douche...
Very humble of you. just like the last 30 years.
And yes I'm jealous. Who would'nt be.

Well, if it makes it more legitimate, Wayne Bergeron (see above) played on one of our tracks a few years back. :)

Jeff- Is Wayne related to Chuck Bergeron, the bassist?

I don't think I've played a paying gig with anyone legitimately famous. Here and there I do get to do things with Glen Moore (bassist for Oregon), David Goldblatt (recorded and toured with Vinnie, and a ton of other stuff), Nancy King (one of the great jazz vocalists living), and Weber Iago (Brazilian pianist, Latin Grammy nominee) either I call them, or we're both sidemen, or occasionally they call me.

I'm not sure if they are related. I checked Wikipedia, and it didn't mention anything. And we all know that Wiki is the main source of info!

Jeff

I performed recently with Devyn Rush, from this past season's American Idol. Two other constestants from the show joined us and I'm forgetting their names, but we rocked out on Cee Lo's "Forget You".

I played drums with Lindsey Buckingham last week when he came through town on his solo tour. Air drums, that is, from the 4th row stage right. Mostly during "Tusk".

Mick Fleetwood eat your heart out :)

Back