Travis Barker

Ok sorry- my bad. Anyway, the original content of that quote can be found in the last pages of The Funky Primer by Charles Dowd.

Travis Barker is so awsome at drums he like has his style down just right and he has a great soundin snare 2

Re: Travis Barker Sticks

I love them,they are almost perfect weight/size BUT they leave white marks on everything and I don't like wood tips.For those reasons I don't use them.If they released a Travis Barker stick with a natural finish and nylon tips I would use them forever.

russcat said:
I love them,they are almost perfect weight/size BUT they leave white marks on everything and I don't like wood tips.For those reasons I don't use them.If they released a Travis Barker stick with a natural finish and nylon tips I would use them forever.
by the vic buddy richs, they are almost the same stick, but they dont break and chip as easy

Just noticed something about Travis Barker

I just checked back about ten pages on the "Drummers" page and I noticed that Travis Barker has the most comments at 433 and the most views with almost 15,000. Closest to that came John Bonham with 387 comments and about 9,300 views.
This is not a pro or contra Travis Barker, just noticed that the guy creates quite a buzz, at least on this forum.

Re: Just noticed something about Travis Barker

Of course, the difference is Bonham hasn't been around for the last 26 years and he is still much discussed and revered. A bit more impressive, I'd say.

i loved them too, but all the white paint is more than i can stand. try the vater power 5A, its the same exact stick with no paint on it.

What're you people talking about? I hated these sticks, I thought they were worthless, they were made out of like nothing. Maybe the reason they were so flexible and fast was the fact that they were made out of nothing. They broke easier than heck and the tips chipped like crazy, It turned into a box shaped tip instead of a circle shape, and it also made nice white marks all over. I thought they were junk.

I also recommend Vater Power 5A...They're just as long, but skinnier..

Iv been reading a lot of these posts and quite frankly, all the travis critics can go take a hike. A different expression would have been preffered but hey its a multi age forum. The guys is a great drummer. Deal with it. Every drummer is different. Travis isn't Buddy Rich or Steve Gadd. If he played Buddy Rich or Gadd-esque licks in songs superbly well you guys would just say he's un-original. Originality is what he's best at and he plays what fits the song. Thats what a good drummer does. If he got asked to play on a Paul Simon track I'm sure we would all be blown away.

And as for the videos, does any of the featured clips say "Here is Travis playing to the best of his ability on a drum pad' or 'Here is Travis playing the best solo he can possibly do, not a simple-ish solo that he knows will get 10,000 cheers from the crowd"? I didnt see anything along those lines so why are you assuming this. I previously was mis-interpreted as saying that eventually drummers will grow out of Travis's playing when the here the greats play.

I have been to see blink twice and it was mainly to see Travis in action. He hits the drums hard, he hits them fast and he's a great showman. Why is this a problem? People like to see cool things when they watch a band (bands he's played in anyway) i.e. standing up to hit toms etc.

Drumming is supposed to be fun. If I got the choice to go on stage and play Steve Gadd's 'Crazy Army' or go rock out for 90mins in a punk rock band I know what i'd choose. But then I'd be dissected by all the guys who are drumming's equivilent to guys who go to online gaming clubs on a saturday night.

This is in no way a dig at Steve Gadd but what would be the better show:

Blink 182 with Travis on drums or Blink 182 with Steve Gadd on drums? Travis hands down.

Just watch the video of his rudiments and then try to tell people he isnt as good as people say he is or that he doesnt live up to his ego... he has amazing talent, perfect sticking and control. Maybe you dont like the music he plays, thats just by opinion, <b>but im sure he could play jazz and funk just as well as he plays what he does</b>

Back