Blue drums anyone?

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
I'm looking at the new Yamaha Custom color of "deep blue". The more I look at it the more I realize I like blue drums.
The GMS Vintage series in blue duco along with Ludwig' blue sparkle are some of my favorites as well.

I'm not usually much of a blue drums fan, but that that deep blue is the exception. I had a Tama Starclassic in a color very close to that and it was stunning (too bad that kit didn't work out for other reasons).

I've never had blue drums but I like them. Especially blue sparkle or glass glitter. The deep blue seems very nice.

My first kit was blue.

I still have it. A Tama Swingstar in what I think they called 'vintage blue'. Not a bad sounding kit actually with the right heads on it.

I have a set of blue Vistalites, I like the look.

I think the important thing with drum colors is that the color of the shells should match the cymbals you're using, which are mostly yellowish/orange&brownish. Blue tends to go nicely with most "new" looking cymbals that are more orange. I have a Zildjian ride that's almost green, and that's not the best color to go with blue

I have a Blue and Black kit that I like.
I put it for sale today to clear out a kit that I don't use much.

Attachments

• 0310021644.jpg
    0310021644.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,837
I love my big blue glass glitter Ludwigs.

It's funny, my best friend in high school had a blue sparkle kit, and I hated that finish! lol But something about the blue glass glitter really spoke to me, and I love the way it looks under lights.

Peaceful yet powerful.

Attachments

• 130_3034 (1024x683).jpg
    130_3034 (1024x683).jpg
    602 KB · Views: 2,496
Last edited:
That Ludwig kit looks great.
I've got the Roland optional shiny dark blue wrap on my Roland TD20 kit. :)

Ya. I like blue drums. Sea Blue Fade
IMG_4636-Copy.jpg

It's funny, my best friend in high school had a blur glitter kit, and I hated that finish! lol But something about the blue glass glitter really spoke to me, and I love the way it looks under lights.

Peaceful yet powerful.

My Taye drum set was this same blue glass. Loved it.

Attachments

• STRIPES 009.jpg
    STRIPES 009.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,737
My "blue glass" Finishply. Very deeply saturated and looks incredible under any lighting.

DSC_0426-3.jpg

Dennis

It's funny, my best friend in high school had a blue sparkle kit, and I hated that finish! lol But something about the blue glass glitter really spoke to me, and I love the way it looks under lights.

Peaceful yet powerful.

Sick!!! Such a classy looking kit.

I just posted this picture in a thread i made about ash kits, the wood grain really makes it look neat. like a blue tiger! But more fierce!!

Attachments

• DV016_Jpg_Large_H87488000001000.jpg
    DV016_Jpg_Large_H87488000001000.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 4,322
All of these blue drum sets look nice. But I seem to like just about every drum. Peace and goodwill.

I like blue lacquered drums. Especially for playing Blues. Not a fan of blue wraps as much.
I have been playing my blue Pearls lately, as seen in my new avi.

When I ordered my DW's I ordered a blue paint. Little did I know that with the exotic veneer, olive ash burl, which has a natural yellowish tint, that my regal blue to black burst paint job combined with the yellowish wood, would make for a rich greenish color. I was a little disappointed when I first unboxed them. I assumed DW would adjust the paint so the end result was regal blue, like I ordered. I could have complained, but didn't.

Back