Sonor S Classix or custom???

piperdoog

Silver Member
So I'm in the market to get a new better kit, one that will last me a long time. Hopefully the last kit I buy... ya right!!!!!
That's the plan anyway.
I have it down to a Sonor S Classix or go custom such as Phattie (which I may add are great drums Dennis is a master at making these drums) or like C&C something like that.
I'm looking for a set with character as i want this one for a long time, everything from the sound to the finish.
So my question is should I stick with the high end Sonor S Classix, or go custom and save some money and get a kit from a good maker?
Help me out??
I have the money for either....

Cheers, what would you do?

Tough call brother. The S Classix are awesome from what I've heard, but the idea of having a custom kit is tempting too. If you decide to go custom, I'll suggest you check out Unix and TRS drums as well. Both are absolutely fantastic!

If resale value is any consideration, the Sonors will probably fetch more on the used market...or at least generate more interest from the general used-drum-buying public.

Tough call brother. The S Classix are awesome from what I've heard, but the idea of having a custom kit is tempting too. If you decide to go custom, I'll suggest you check out Unix and TRS drums as well. Both are absolutely fantastic!

If resale value is any consideration, the Sonors will probably fetch more on the used market...or at least generate more interest from the general used-drum-buying public.
Good point on the resale. I'm hoping to keep these drums, sound wise I know the S Classix are great, is everyone happy with the custom sound, the keller shell etc... As you drummers know I want them to look great but if they don't sound great then there is a problem. I'm close here to getting them, it is a hard decision. Go with the sure thing and spend quite a bit extra, or get a cool custom job for I'm not sure on the sound for a lot less.
Aahh it's tough, oh by the way nice set of drums there Khaine88..

More advice needed.

Last edited:
Anyone!
Need some advice, who is satisfied with their custom drums to a point that they feel they will be the last kit they buy?
S Classix are the stuff but I will be paying upwards of 800 bucks more for them.
Let me know.

Please!!!!!

i had the same dilema and ended up with the s classix, brilliant drums and alot more for your money. check my sig for pics

It seems like I'm going the Classix route, they are great drums and I have had the opportunity to play them so I have a great Idea of what they can sound like.
The custom idea is great but its a hard choice just giving the fact you can't play them.
A very hard choice though, also was thinking about re sale value which was mentioned here as well.
Anyways thanks and nice looking kit, classy finish.

Back