DSCN7393.jpg

DSCN7395.jpg

DSCN7403.jpg

DSCN7404.jpg

DSCN7397.jpg

DSCN7578.jpg

DSCN7576.jpg

DSCN7557.jpg

Yup. basic shell pack of the 11 ply hybrid shells will run you over $3000..

Ndugu Chancellor is playing them in MD Fest 2008' if you want to her what they sound like.

yeah i saw him on the website... the sound alright.

but wow 3000+ for a shell pack...

Thanks

the yamaha display just seems a little underwhelming, the green kit looks awful, the white kit does'nt catch the eye and the PHX pictured last is very nice, but... this is NAMM - you need show up and wow them!
and i agree, the pedal does look cheap - and narrow where you get the most speed out of it...

Yamaha`s drums and designs are classy, innovative and look great.
This green sparkle absolute kit looks so stunning, this finish is awesome in my opinion...just like their other finishes, especially the sparkle finishes.

The don`t really like the new YESS system though. It`s not really new, I`d have expected a system which does not use any drillings on the shell at all.

Overall I`m pretty excited!

Karl

The don`t really like the new YESS system though. It`s not really new, I`d have expected a system which does not use any drillings on the shell at all.

Karl

Exactly. The YESS is a great idea and perhaps the best flexible mounting system, but Yamaha needs to figure out a better way to use it than creating more drilling points on the drum shell.

What does NAMM standfor?

Over the past 108 years, NAMM (the National Association of Music Merchants) has proudly represented the industry that brings the gift of music into people's lives. NAMM is the not-for-profit trade association that unifies, leads and strengthens the $17 billion global musical instruments and products industry. NAMM's trade shows, activities and programs are designed to promote music making to people of all ages.

What started in May of 1901 as a small, grassroots organization of 52 founding Members has since blossomed into an international association representing more than 9,000 retailers, manufacturers, distributors and reps of musical instruments and products from more than 85 countries.

Back