Let's see your Cases

big_wes

Hey, i dont know if there's already a thread about this, i did a search and i couldn't see anything/ Anyway, why do the drums and hardware get all the attention what about the things that actually get them to gigs without a scratch. They take all the dings and bangs from travel and we don't think twice, let's see your cases already :D

Funny thing about cases... I noticed that most of the wear an tear to my drums comes from stacking them up in small spaces at the gigs we do. A typical show goes something like this:

I show up with my drums and set them up - usually in the middle of the floor - then stack them up somewhere off to the side of the stage, or in some cases, on the stage. There just isn't time or space between bands for putting everything together then.

This is where the most jostling, bumping, and banging happens, and where my drums pick up most of their scratches and dings.

So I gave up on drum cases!

I drive my drums from rehearsal space to venue myself and am pretty good at keeping them protected during transport (at this point, I'm mostly worried about the heads).

I still keep my cymbals in a hard case and roll my hardware around in case with wheels, but I'm too lazy for drum cases anymore. Maybe if they actually protected my drums when they most needed it...

Edit: I still use cases for my snares.

I use to use these..............

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,319
Funny thing about cases... I noticed that most of the wear an tear to my drums comes from stacking them up in small spaces at the gigs we do. A typical show goes something like this:

I show up with my drums and set them up - usually in the middle of the floor - then stack them up somewhere off to the side of the stage, or in some cases, on the stage. There just isn't time or space between bands for putting everything together then.

This is where the most jostling, bumping, and banging happens, and where my drums pick up most of their scratches and dings.

So I gave up on drum cases!

I drive my drums from rehearsal space to venue myself and am pretty good at keeping them protected during transport (at this point, I'm mostly worried about the heads).

I still keep my cymbals in a hard case and roll my hardware around in case with wheels, but I'm too lazy for drum cases anymore. Maybe if they actually protected my drums when they most needed it...

Edit: I still use cases for my snares.

Yeah i can see where your coming from, fortunately my band only does gigs where we are the only band and we dont have to do any of that messing about between bands, but yeah i can see why that would be a pin in the ass

They take all the dings and bangs from travel and we don't think twice,

A drummer I know says that if he were to use cases for his drums, he would be more careless with them, thinking that they're protected...??? So, he compromised and got soft cases. Weirdo...

I use SKB Roto-X cases to transport my drums, and they are in pretty much the same shape that I got them in. I'm even careful with not denting and dinging my cases.

I just tried to take some pictures of my cases really quick, but the room was too dark and my laptop doesn't have a strong enough flash (Photo Booth on a MacBook). Basically, picture four stacks (floor to ceiling) of various SKB, Humes + Berg, and XL hardcases, containing drum sets and various snares. Also, I have soft cases for my doumbeks, bongos, congas, cajon and djembe.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and 5 cymbal bags and 2 SKB cymbal cases, brimming and bursting at the seams with cymbals...

A drummer I know says that if he were to use cases for his drums, he would be more careless with them, thinking that they're protected...??? So, he compromised and got soft cases. Weirdo...

I use SKB Roto-X cases to transport my drums, and they are in pretty much the same shape that I got them in. I'm even careful with not denting and dinging my cases.

I just tried to take some pictures of my cases really quick, but the room was too dark and my laptop doesn't have a strong enough flash (Photo Booth on a MacBook). Basically, picture four stacks (floor to ceiling) of various SKB, Humes + Berg, and XL hardcases, containing drum sets and various snares. Also, I have soft cases for my doumbeks, bongos, congas, cajon and djembe.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and 5 cymbal bags and 2 SKB cymbal cases, brimming and bursting at the seams with cymbals...

I can see why someone would be a little more carless thinking there drums are protected but im the same as you i treat my cases as if they were my drums lol i hat scratching them

Those look like pretty nice cases man
I've had no problems with the Galaxy's. The video is truthful. The price is good also.
I move my own drums to gigs and practices. If I had a crew I would use a better bag or a hard case.
The handles and the straps are strong and comfortable to hold. The zippers are also strong and they do not jam.
Im totally satisfied with the Humes and Berg Galaxy series.

I have Galaxy also for my four snares.

Attachments

• 232e3cb195fc511a6c881b8e3853b064.jpg
    232e3cb195fc511a6c881b8e3853b064.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,407
readytogo.jpg

I use the gator bags as well. They work good and are silly cheap. I also have a kaces snare bag that is MUCH nicer. Plush on the inside and semi rigid. As the gators break, if they break I will replace with kaces singles. And a Kaces cymbal bag. I also made my own hardware socks to individually cover my stands before jamming them in the hardware bag. I like the way the soft bags sit in my truck. No sliding around and easy to carry.
Bag6.jpg

I use to use these..............

While Heineken is a great beer on a hot day - of which there should be ample supply in Florida - I urge you to try out Grolsch. That's probably the finest beer from Holland... and it's brewed in "my" city.

To topic though... I have a hardcase hardcase for my Unix. Other than that I take some little dents in my kit for granted - I am not particularly rich (The unix was a graduation gift from my parents when I got my BSc degree) so I can't afford hardcases all around.

Edit: pictures

6qh1tv.jpg

vzda2a.jpg

Last edited:
Back