How many of you guys have recieved a GC $25.00 gear card?

Fred D

Pioneer Member
Just curious about how many they are sending out. I got my third one in the mail yesterday.

Thanks.

I got one a few days ago.

I get one about every month

I got mine this past Saturday. Probably because I spent $1300 there. By the way, I *think* they're only sending them out to people who bought online, because they want people to come into the store.

Also, $25 is a lot for someone without income:D I can't wait to spend it.

I have not gotten one...OH wait a minute I do not shop at GC I am still looking for a good drum store...maybe I should open my own? HMMMM

naw...its to their main shoppers...

cause, i have never ever bought anything from them online...

and...i just recieved another one..in the mail about 15 minutes ago..haha

Alex

$50? Man, I spent over a grand there. I deserve at LEAST twenty.

Smart move on their part....if most of you guys are like me....you go way over the $25 when you go there.
I've spent lot's of $ over the years at other places and they act like they're doing you a favor taking it.
I'll keep going back to GC.

I got one. I buy nickel and dime stuff at the store - like sticks - but I've spent hundreds online.

I feel a new stick bag coming on...

:)

Smart move on their part....if most of you guys are like me....you go way over the $25 when you go there.

Agreed. It's a great way to get you into the store in hopes of generating more sales. I used the first one for a new bass drum head, and will use one tomorrow for some tom batters.

Keep em coming!

I just took a look at the letter that came with the card, and it begins: "You're one of our most valued online customers and I want to take a moment to thank you for shopping at GuitarCenter.com..."

Obviously it's a threshold of dollars spent online that qualifies a customer for the card.

There is no minimum purchase toward which the $25 is applicable. Just free stuff, which is hard to pass up. I expect the store will be packed when I go in this afternoon since there it's only valid this weekend.

Corporate can probably write it off as marketing expense and sales will surely spike above and beyond the layout.

Smart marketing move, I think.

I just took a look at the letter that came with the card, and it begins: "You're one of our most valued online customers and I want to take a moment to thank you for shopping at GuitarCenter.com..."

Interesting.... I've never bought a thing from the GC on line store. Dumped a bunch in the store though. I wonder if they count MF?

Back