What was the name of your first bands?

The No-Hub Couplings.....props to anyone who knows what a no-hub coupling is.

Did you guy's later become " Fernco and the spanners " lol. somebody in the band was a plumber.

My first was 1973 " Stone Buffalo "

Did you guy's later become " Fernco and the spanners " lol. somebody in the band was a plumber.

My first was 1973 " Stone Buffalo "

That's good. How about Stoned Buffalo? Ha ha....or Drunken Moose? *badabump crash*

My high school band "The Joshua Trio" hahahaha. The singer was really into Nirvana and U2 and we did a ton of their songs. It was a pretty hardcore college prep school and we disbanded since our colleges were nowhere near each other.

My apologies for resurrecting a two year old thread that everyone thought was long dead but, I just found this picture and I thought I would post it. It's from 1963 I believe.

King Cobras.jpg

Apologies? Are you kidding? That artwork alone is worth the price of admission.

I honestly forget the name of the first band I was in. I do recall, however, trying to decide on a name. We were a six piece with a female vocalist. One evening we were throwing around names after practice and things began to get silly. Someone suggested the name "Cream Cheese and Bagels". The singer opposed this immediately saying "No, I'm not gonna be Cream Cheese!" The next band I was in went with the name "Mother Duck". I drew a logo consisting of a cartoon "old lady" duck face smoking a cigar. Rather a short-lived group, but we had some fun.

There's some great stuff in this thread!

The first band I was in was "The Objects" in 1978 & I was a (not very good) drummer. We had discovered Punk the year before & decided we wanted to play it too. We were one of the first 2 Punk bands in Halifax - there is some debate as to who was actually first!
In 1979 I decided to give the Bass a go so started another band called "Suicidal Tendencies". That lasted a year, until we all left school & went to work in different parts of the country. I really wish we'd got copyright on that name!
In 2011 "The Objects" got back together for a one-off 33 year(!) reunion gig in Halifax - we then played a second one in London before going our separate ways again.
2012 saw me in a Punk covers band called "Stranger Danger", which only lasted a year - mainly due to the 300 mile round trip to band practice!
For around 9 months now I have been in a local Punk originals band called "Bad Dog, No Biscuit", and we recently played our 3rd gig in Leeds.

Some heavy names...

It's amazing but several bands I've been in had really good names and guess what... a quick FB check and those names are being used by others.

First Band - The Gravel Tones

my first band was the one that me and my high school friend started 1 year ago, he named it Count us In. After few months, I changed it to High Voltage. We play mainly Alternative rock and Thrash metal. Our band is still going and we have fired 4 people since the past year.

First working band was Superstition. Then, on tour with, yes, Up With People. Then university.

My first band was in Highschool..............................called "Wavelength".....

I can't remember all of the names, as the 80's and 90's are pretty blurry to recall................

Some other band names over the years:

Amaranth
Export
Legz Up
Relatively Painless

Last edited:
A very innovative name: "The Salvation Army Youth Band".

My first band was "The Zeppelins".

Formed in 1965. Needless to say we changed the band name around 1969.
Yeah, you know why..............

Picture001-vi.jpg

My first ever band was called 'Atone' which was a name I spent literally months trying to think of. I was the guitarist.

My first band I played drums in was called Retrograde Inversion. They didn't have a drummer and I basically told them I was going to play drums for them...they didn't get much of a say in it. I don't think they minded though!

Then after that was The Burning Virgins. That was fun.

I've always thought they were pretty good names actually.

My first real band that gigged was called 'The Vermicious Knids'...from Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. I wasn't my choice, but there we are.

The first band I was in, I was 15 and it was a horn band that played soul music, was called the "Immediate Children of Fate." We did "My Girl" and "Get Ready", stuff like that.

My first band: Scavenger District.

It was actually kinda fun, we had a big yellow diamond road sign that had the silhouette of a turkey vulture sitting on a dead tree. And my bass drum had this crazy cartoonish turkey vulture airbrushed on it. I think we may have even got t-shirts made at one point, which was ambitious for 14 year old high school kids in the early 90s...

Red Dawn - in homage to the super violent 80's movie starring Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen.

This was in the early 90s. We were huge on alternative metal like Alice in Chains and early Soundgarden. Other than playing a few gigs round town and cutting some rough demos, we didn't go very far but it was a blast.

Back