New from Australia

AJ54

Hi everyone,

I live in NSW Australia, I started drumming when I was about 15 & in the early 70's at age 18 purchased a Pearl Wood Fiberglass kit which I still have, it has the COB snare with a Gladstone through off. I used this throughout the 70's playing in cover bands.

I stopped playing when I was in my early 20's, lost interest & started riding Harley's (I still do) & generally just partied on, got married etc.

My interest in play again has been on my mind for some time, so I pulled out the Pearls started again, I was shocked at how bad I was & the condition of the kit, so practiced a lot & then decided to get a new kit. I went for the new PDP Concept Maple which I love, except for the kick pedal, so back to the shop & came out with a DW 5000.

So now I'm joining the local Blues Society & catching up on all the new terms used these days. I still have my 60's & 70's Zildjian's & Ufip Ritmo Hi-Hats.

Looking forward to talking to you all,,,,Alan

Welcome aboard mate. You'll find a few Aussies here providing some good sense and reason amongst the rabble of Yanks and Europeans!! :)

Enjoy your stay and look forward to crossing paths with you on the boards.

Yes hello from the other side of the continent. This is a great board with something for everyone and posters include top drummers (concert variety) drum makers ( high end hand made stuff) and a few characters up for a laugh.

I hope you enjoy the place...

Wombat from Perth

Back