The "Green Machine"

dum6sh1t

Hey everyone, first post here. I thought I would at least post a few pictures as a treat for everyone. This here is my "Green Machine", it has been a 6 year project for me and is still not fully complete. It is a Pearl Session Custum, green burst, with 10",12",14" racks(fusion sizes), a 16X16 floor tom and 2 18X22 bass drums. All cymbals are Sabian (not out of brand loyalty, it just happened that way). I apologize in advance for all the dust and wood shavings but, I'm sure we've all seen it before lol.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004-2.jpg

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy. Feel free with any questions or criticisms.

that looks great, what are you looking to add?

First thing I need to replace the floor tom. It's an old Pulse floor tom I stripped the wrap off and spray painted lol. It sounds absolutely horrid. They don't sell session customs anymore so I'll either have to get lucky on ebay or get one that kind of matches.
I'd also like to get a zilbel because the bell on my ride is easy to miss if I'm looking away, and another large crash to even things out. Other than that just a few more rack pieces just for aesthetics.

beautiful green burst on those drums, looks sweet, can we get some details on that glitter snare? Pearl? 14"x6"? great kit man!

I'll field that question....That snare is a Pearl Eric Singer signature snare, 14x6.5. It's about a 1/2 thick of maple, 10 ply I think. It isn't wrapped, that's sparkle lacquer, with 3 vent holes. It's funny I bought that same exact kit, same color and everything (single bass though) and I got the snare free about 2 weeks later after I sent in a coupon and proof of purchase, it was a special promotion GC had. I bet dum6sh1t did the same exact thing, right dum6sh1t? That snare is my absolute favorite #1 go to snare.

Then a really funny thing happened. about a month later, I was in GC and the salesman who sold me the drums asked me how I was liking them. I said that they were great, but I wish they were the marine blue fade color I really wanted. This conversation was overheard by another customer there who asked me if I had purchased the green burst Pearls. I said yes I did and he proceeded to tell me that he just got the same set in marine blue fade and really wanted the green...So long story short, we swapped shells! How serendipitous!

I said that they were great, but I wish they were the marine blue fade color I really wanted. This conversation was overheard by another customer there who asked me if I had purchased the green burst Pearls. I said yes I did and he proceeded to tell me that he just got the same set in marine blue fade and really wanted the green...So long story short, we swapped shells! How serendipitous!

that's a funny story, a real happily ever after ending, eh? thank's for the snare details larryace, that Pearl sure sounds like a sweet tub...

I'll field that question....That snare is a Pearl Eric Singer signature snare, 14x6.5. It's about a 1/2 thick of maple, 10 ply I think. It isn't wrapped, that's sparkle lacquer, with 3 vent holes. It's funny I bought that same exact kit, same color and everything (single bass though) and I got the snare free about 2 weeks later after I sent in a coupon and proof of purchase, it was a special promotion GC had. I bet dum6sh1t did the same exact thing, right dum6sh1t? That snare is my absolute favorite #1 go to snare.

That's exactly what happened lol. I almost went with the Tico Torres snare but I already had my free floater so I went with the Eric Singer. I'm glad I did too, it's my favorite so far. My kit was a single bass too for the longest time till I lucked out on ebay. Paid $170 for the other bass.

Back