Here's what i did with my Saturday

Rick H.

I combines my 7 piece royal star with my five piece PDP kit
I figured i'd do it before i sell the Royal Stars (which probably won't be for a while)
I'm still trying to work the 22'' kick from the royal star in as a gong drum sort of a thing.

Attachments

• fuk.JPG
    fuk.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 775
  • fukk.JPG
    fukk.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 770
Last edited:
Hey, kinda got the gong thing going haha.

Attachments

• good1.JPG
    good1.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 746
  • good2.JPG
    good2.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 753
  • good3.JPG
    good3.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 738
  • good4.JPG
    good4.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 741
I had one of those PDP kits (solid white, just like yours) and I wasn't impressed. I'd keep the Royalstars - you won't have to worry about the white paint coming off of your hardware!

You really think so? I mean i do like the royalstars but the appeal of the pdp is the 20'' kick and the double floor tom thing. I had my fun with the 7 piece but deided it was time to downgrade. i like em both equally i think the pdp's are nice as well as the royal stars

That are officially TOO MANY rack toms :)
I also did about two weeks after I got my Gretsch, and it was fun, but it was not comfortable any more. was this kit comfortable?

Bram

No, i only played it once. I really just did it for the picture (and cuz i was kinda bored)
Thats the reason im sellin the royalstars in the first place, it just didnt feel right that's why now i just use the 1 up 2 down set up. The big drum kits just arent really my thing i guess

all you need is a couple roto toms on the left, a 40" gong and 17 more crashes... ;-)

OMG Man, I could not live with that carpet!! It would totally drive me nuts!

Everytime I looked down I'd be thinking I left a lead there... :)

OMG Man, I could not live with that carpet!! It would totally drive me nuts!

Everytime I looked down I'd be thinking I left a lead there... :)
I was thinking the same thing. I thought that the lines were mic cables when I first saw the pics.
I had to really look to see that it was a design in the rug.

Oh haha i thought that might be what you were talking about, but had to ask. Now if i ever go to the UK i'll know haha

Back