Weird Configs

Coldhardsteel

Gold Member
This is the thread to post pics of your weird configurations and set-ups. Be proud of your weirdness! Don't forget to comment on the set-ups of other posters.
IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

I personally dont own a weird setup, but that looks pretty awesome in my opinion :D

Last edited:
I thought of this set-up after a couple of things came across my mind.

I was getting tired of the normal "linear" set-up and felt I wanted to experiment. Again.

I read an article on Bill Bruford. That only encouraged me to change my set-up even more because I like his drumming.

I'm joining my high school's marching band, and this set-up was partially inspired by quads(timp-toms) set-ups. I also needed to practice double, and maybe triple and quadruple, stroke rolls for the same purpose.

The drums actually aren't in the way of anything, and I've worked out a system for my hi-hat for now until I can get the cash for a remote pedal.

I wish I could play well enough to feel confident in posting videos of my playing, but I'm not, so no, I don't have any videos. Sadly.

This would probably fall into the category of not the way most people set up their e-kits.

Attachments

• 002-1.jpg
    002-1.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 4,960
  • 004-1.jpg
    004-1.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 4,944
Welcome to the club, Mr. Conway.

To be quite honest, I've never heard of Soultone, but the cymbals look nice, at least, heh.

I don't think the pictures supplied this information: do you use an acoustic bass drum or a pad?

To be quite honest, I've never heard of Soultone, but the cymbals look nice....
From what I gather (information wise), Soultone is made by Masterwork. Search eBay for Soultone, quite a few cymbals should pop up.

I don't think the pictures supplied this information: do you use an acoustic bass drum or a pad?
I'm constantly switching around my kit. Short attention span, I guess. Right now I have a Roland TD-7 trigger hooked up to a Yamaha FDDD. I'm expecting delivery of a Yamaha hex rack any day now, so once that gets here, I'll probably set my XP8 Rogers kit up, with my Off-Set pedals.

I think the fact you have that oddly shaped tom makes the kit a bit weird by itself.

Good job. P:

DamianArletto;671350[IMG said:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/darletto/Drums/P1230060.jpg[/IMG]

This doesn't seem very unusal to me, infact i think that angled rack looks quite comfy!! The throne with the way it's angled looks like a lazy boy chair! lol.

Out of curiosity what do you consider to be weird about your set?

-Jonathan

Hi! I likeyour drum set-up! here's the picture of my drum-kits!!!
IMG_0019.jpg

I like the use of cocktail style drum pedals under the floor toms. Sweet. A fan of Glenn Kotche, per chance?

This doesn't seem very unusal to me, infact i think that angled rack looks quite comfy!! The throne with the way it's angled looks like a lazy boy chair! lol.

Out of curiosity what do you consider to be weird about your set?

-Jonathan

Just the fact that it is like having a lazyboy attached to the kit. Weird in a good way. All I need is a mini fridge and a TV and I'd never leave it.

Not sure it really counts as weird, but I'm on a three-up one-down kit (formerly four-up). A bit unusual, maybe.

I'm joining my high school's marching band, and this set-up was partially inspired by quads(timp-toms) set-ups. I also needed to practice double, and maybe triple and quadruple, stroke rolls for the same purpose.
Cool idea, and speaking of that, one of these days I'm going to try doing a complete marching band kit--marching bass drums--at least two bigger ones for bass drums (maybe more, with them tuned very differently), 2-3 smaller ones for floor toms, a marching snare, either a quint or sextet of tenors for the toms, etc.

Back