Pimp my Snare!

Solaris

Silver Member
I got bored with my Jimmy Degrasso snare drum and decided a little bit of a cosmetic lift was necessary. I went for black nickel tube lugs and matching diecast hoops, and I have to say the results are pretty awesome.

I've yet to play it properly, but I should get a chance at band soon. I'll be interested to see how the DC hoops have affected the sound. Hopefully it's a bit louder and tighter.

Attachments

• Snare upgrade 2.jpg
    Snare upgrade 2.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 653
  • Snare upgrade 1.jpg
    Snare upgrade 1.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 639
Oh man that is so sweet! Looks like a killer bee now! I was so bummed, I missed getting a JD sig for 160$ at GC by a half hour a few days ago :(

The head looks like it was spray painted. Tell me I'm wrong.

The head looks like it was spray painted. Tell me I'm wrong.

That's an Evans Oynx head, which is matte black out of the box. It's pretty fat, two 7.5mm films. The Moongel is only there because I had it tuned REALLY low before putting the new hoops on to kill all the massive buzz (this puppy has a 42 strand wire on it as well).

Evilbagua - yep this is a 5.5" deep hammered brass shell, a pretty decent quality one for the money I might add.

That's absolutely awesome.

There aren't that many snares that I look at and immediately start wondering what they sound like. I want to play it!

I just put a new snare head on from Evans that is also two x 7.5 mm. At work at the moment and can't remember the model.

I just put a new snare head on from Evans that is also two x 7.5 mm. A Genera Dry ST(super tough)

Back