My recent ebay purchase! Tama Rockstar 6 piece shell pack

I recently sold my old Premier 5 piece kit in favour of this Tama Rockstar 6 piece.

I didn't like to colours at first I have to say, it reminded me of the whole sunburst guitar finish! However it is much nicer in the flesh. I wouldn't have been happy unless it had a fade of some description!

The shell pack was up for £500 buy it now on ebay, however I managed to get it for £300- including cases for all drums and an extra clamp!

22" bass drum (Evans Genera G2 skin)
10" & 12" tom toms (Remo Pinstripes)
14" & 16" floor toms (Remo Pinstripes)
14" snare (Remo Emperor)

It fits in nicely with my rack and cymbals and Tama Iron Cobra pedal.
Cymbals:

AA 14" regular high hats
AAX 10" splash
AAXplosion 16" crash
AAX 18" dark crash
AA Metal X 20" Ride
Stagg DH 14" China

Let me know what you think. Did I do well???

Attachments

• DSC00005-1.jpg
    DSC00005-1.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 2,445
  • DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 1,616
  • DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,634
  • DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 1,193
basement kitty plays drums!!! lol.................if you dont know what a basement kitty is go on lolcats.com and look at their pictures.....a basement kitty is an all black cat....

dude your cat looks evil. kit looks cool though!

Those look great! If they sound good and you like playing 'em, that's all that matters! A friend of mine asked me what I thought about the Superstars (since I'm a Bubinga Elite player) and after he got them upon close inspection I was very impressed with the fit and finish. He put a great set of heads on it and it sounds pretty killer.

It's weird because back in the '80s, I played a Superstar when it was the top-of-the-line. It's weird seeing that name associated with the just below the top. But the new ones are great. Good buy for you!

That's a very nice kit you have! Fades have to be my favorite type of finish, which shows, because my kit is in a Ruby Fade.

I hope you thoroughly enjoy playing it, and it lasts you a long while.

Nice kit but I really want a video with your kitty playing :D
It makes me jealous,my dog is too big to even sit on the bass drum :(

A rockstar was my very first kit.... do me a favor and never sell it! You'll always want to keep it for a practice kit/ beat around kit when you decide to upgrade... i know i regret selling mine :/. Haha, for the price of those kits i always thought they sounded pretty decent, especially with some good heads like you have on there.

I hope you enjoy your new set and have a lot of fun playing it, but i must admit that big ole pillow is making me cringe!

Back