"New" Kit

SOGdrummer

Hi all, thought you might like to see pictures of this kit. My father circa 1949, no idea of the brand or sizes. My understanding is that the bass drum had a rotating light inside that would make "the water appear to flow"...

Dad had to give up drums after a work injury cost him two fingers on his left hand and all but gross movement in his left thumb...also played trumpet, sang very well and played guitar (used his left ring finger like a slide).

Any ideas on the kit would be appreciated, he sold it not long after the accident.

Attachments

• Dads Drums.jpg
    Dads Drums.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 827
Last edited:
Get a load of that hardware...man... My hardware bag for a smallish 4-piece is at least 70 pounds...how did hardware not fall apart constantly back then? And that Snare!

Wow, cool pic, fascinating.

I was So Moved by the Pic. Looks like a Great old kit that was played by a great drummer. A lefty also I see. Rare way back then!
Thanks for sharing that treasure with us!

wow its really cool to see vintage gear back when it wasn't vintage, do you have any more pics?

I'd say its probably a 32", don't know if they made bass drums any bigger than that back then, but I am by no means an expert.

but please more pics?

-Jonathan

Back