Giant Beats!

Sutor

This is the first time I've put pictures up of my kit because I've finally got some decent cymbals to make it look nicer!
Heres my stats:

Premier Cabria USA Model -
22" Kick/10" Rack/12" Rack/14" Hanging Floor Tom and 14" Snare. In the picture I'm obviously only using the 12" as a rack just because I've been playing more rock stuff recently than anything.
All Premier stands apart from one cheapy stag boom stand. Other hardware includes a standard cowbell, LP Blast Block (which also isn't in the picture) and Pearl and DW Multi-Clamps.
Ludwig Speed King bass pedal.

Brand Spanking New Giant Beat Paiste Cymbals!
John Bonham sizes (and before anyone starts judging, I'm actually in a Zep tribute and no I dont use this kit most of the time and I will be buying the Green Sparkle Ludwig soon :p)
15" Hi Hats/18" Crash/24" Ride.

Enjoy!

PA030015.jpg

PA030016.jpg

PA030017.jpg

PA030018.jpg

PA030019.jpg

PA030020.jpg

I forgot to mention I use Evans EC2's on the toms, A Remo Powerstroke 3 on the kick and a Remo Ambassador on the snare.
And I use Vic Firth sticks, I'm trying out 8D's at the moment which are working out quite nicely. The lightness of 7A's with extra length.

Cheers

I've been playing on a guys kit whose got a set of these hats. They really are great cymbals, as are all the Paistes I've played. Definitely a rarity though.

Hey I got the ride and it seems to sound different from all the others I've tried. Does yours have a pronounced ping or no?

And also, how do the hi hats compare to the 15" 2oo2 SD? I got the 2oo2s and they're too heavy for me so I was thinking about getting the Giant beats.

Awsome, the kit looks great and comfortable i would love to jam on that thing, and those giant beats look pretty intense

Hey I got the ride and it seems to sound different from all the others I've tried. Does yours have a pronounced ping or no?

And also, how do the hi hats compare to the 15" 2oo2 SD? I got the 2oo2s and they're too heavy for me so I was thinking about getting the Giant beats.

Its not as pingy as some rides I've played but I guess it is quite clear. The overall sound you get from it is really big obviously and warm and if you give a wallop its just like riding a giant crash!
To be honest I'm not kean on the 2002's atall. I was advised to go with the Giant Beats because their more versatile and haven't changed much in the way their made since the 60's. The Giant Beat hats aren't exactly light but they definitley sound it.

Awsome, the kit looks great and comfortable i would love to jam on that thing, and those giant beats look pretty intense

Thanks man :) Yea I really concentrate on making my set up really comfortable, I spent so much time faffing around with it but now if I do make any changes I just judge it by how high I want the snare really and build up from there.

Its not as pingy as some rides I've played but I guess it is quite clear. The overall sound you get from it is really big obviously and warm and if you give a wallop its just like riding a giant crash!
To be honest I'm not kean on the 2002's atall. I was advised to go with the Giant Beats because their more versatile and haven't changed much in the way their made since the 60's. The Giant Beat hats aren't exactly light but they definitley sound it.

Yeah, mine has like no ping at all so. Mine must be a screw up.

I don't like the 2oo2s at all except for the sound edge hi hats. But now I've been playing them for about 3 months, they sound way too heavy for me.

Beautiful! I have set of the 14" GB reissue hi hats and they sound too good. Really sweet silvery wash and a nice medium stick sound. I love how shiny yours look. The 24" ride although awful washy and overbearing is one of the sweetest ride sounds I have ever heard.

nice cymbals, how does your cabria sound? I'm thinking about getting one.

For the money they're really decent kits. This one was my first proper drum kit after going through a load of non branded tubs. Its lasted me 4 years or so, and depending what skins you put on like any kit you can get loads of different sounds.
I had Pinstripes on it for ages and it sounded great live for more metally stuff but their good for anything really.
The only problem I've found isn't really with the drums its just the hardware. The more lower priced Premier hardware tends to go a bit naff after a few years, especially the tom mount. Small bolts and screws fall out so they don't tighten up properly and become a bit unreliable but still, they've lasted me aswell.

Beautiful! I have set of the 14" GB reissue hi hats and they sound too good. Really sweet silvery wash and a nice medium stick sound. I love how shiny yours look. The 24" ride although awful washy and overbearing is one of the sweetest ride sounds I have ever heard.

They're that shiny because they only came today :p Yea I know what you mean about the ride, tis lush though.

I recently purchased the 15" Giant Beat Hi-hats and I have nothing but great things to say about them. I had a pair of 14" Sound Formula Sound Edges and loved them, but the Giant Beats sound better to me. I played some 2002's, Dimensions, Signature's and Twenty Series in various sizes also when I was trying to figure out what I wanted. The Giant Beats are a bit dryer sounding to me, though not as dry as the Twenty Series but still have good projection. I also liked them because I play with my hats open a lot and they dont sound as trashy when played open. Great hats if you can get em!!

Back