my gavin harrison inspired new cymbal set up

Jason, please post more and better pictures. I love the bells, obviously inspired by our own XopethX too I think...

Nice setup, what gigs do you have that you need double bass?

Sweet stuff! Those 2oo2s age beautifully. any chance we can see some more pictures? from out front? un-photoshopped driver's seat?

Is that your set list written on your snare?
it's the songs we play most often. i got tiredof our singer turning around and sking me what we should play next and me being stumped.

Nice setup, what gigs do you have that you need double bass?
no grooves but i'm going to be using it in fills and solos.

any chance we can see some more pictures? from out front? un-photoshopped driver's seat?
i had to photo shop the driver's seat pic as a collage because i couldn't take it from further off. i willtry again next weekend. the front side had all that railing in the way. here is one from afew weeks ago...

Attachments

• asdf.JPG
    asdf.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 2,512
Jason man this is great stuff!

btw, that head is AWESOME! where did you get it?

Sweet stuff jason. what ride cymbal is that?

Just from this forum alone, I can see that Gavin is having a profound impact on drumming. Not just prog drumming, but other genres in general. He has a lot of creative ideas that filter across as a better way to play and set up. In the past, names like Peart, Copeland and Barker would be used as references. That's a sign that he's been working hard and making his mark.

Just from this forum alone, I can see that Gavin is having a profound impact on drumming. Not just prog drumming, but other genres in general. He has a lot of creative ideas that filter across as a better way to play and set up. In the past, names like Peart, Copeland and Barker would be used as references. That's a sign that he's been working hard and making his mark.

Oh yeah. he has the cover story in the latest modern drummer (his first, and yet I would imagine that he had one already...) and he really seems to be a hard-working guy with great ideas. Of course, if you really want to know him, he's also a member of the forum here... so you can ask him a question on his personal thread.

Nice but I am surprised that nobody has ripped into you for having those rings on those pinstripe heads and the forbidden tape on the bass drum head. No need for explanation. I know why they are there. This is the set that you refinished yourself ???

yep.

as far as the ringsd are concerned ... i'll do what it takes to make a kit sound good from the front and back.

j

This is what I say all of the time. Have you ever tried the Aquarian Performance 2's ? It looks like you like a quick sound.

Back