Bebop Pearl Session updates

Bish

Ok here are some updated pictures of my Session Customs in bop sizes. I moved them out of their natural habitat into my room for the pics - sorry about the mess!

Right then, here are the specs.

The drums are 18x14, 12x9, and 14x14. It looks a bit orange but its a really nice amber in the flesh.

The snare is from my old Yamaha Stage Custom which I'm trying to sell. Saving up for the new Stanton Moore snare (depending on the price!). I also have a Jungle snare which i would recommend to anyone! It would be worth that price even to a non drummer!

20" old K light ride - I would rivet it but I'm not sure how long I'll keep it
20" K custom dry ride - great for big band but I want to replace it with a more crashable 21" special dry ride.
16" K special dry crash
14" old A hats
10" Stagg brilliant splash which i have hand hammered and is now really trashy - I'm very fond of it!

The cowbell is a Percussion plus 5.5" I think! The kik pedal is a Big Dog double chain and the stands are Yamaha. I'd like a DW 5000 pedal but thats not getting any cheaper for a 16 year old!

I'm going up to London very soon to get a Bosphorus 20" Stanton Moore wide ride - at this point I'd like to make it clear that I actually got into Stanton through finding this ride - Im not just buying all his gear!

Ok on to the good stuff...

dscf1314sb1.jpg

dscf1319or8.jpg

dscf1325ri7.jpg

dscf1316mu5.jpg

dscf1321yl7.jpg

and a quick snap of my 16" bass drum that I converted from a floor tom
dscf1328ny2.jpg

So with a new snare and the Special Dry ride and Wide Ride instead of the two K rides my set up will be perfect for me. I may keep them though, it depends on my financial situation! I'd also like to try a coated PS3 on the bass instead of a clear.

PS sorry if the pictures are a bit small, I'm not very good at this!
Cheers guys.

I really like the second picture even if it is a little small. Some really nice lighting in the picture, and great setup. I played a 22" wide ride at a music festival with a big band. I can't praise it enough. It was just about the perfect sound for the occasion.

I really like the second picture even if it is a little small. Some really nice lighting in the picture, and great setup. I played a 22" wide ride at a music festival with a big band. I can't praise it enough. It was just about the perfect sound for the occasion.

Oh right well ive heard samples of it on CymbalsOnly and in some of Stanton's videos and I love it! so groovy. You say it played well in a big band situation - did it crash well also?
Cheers for the info.

I like your Bop kit. Great sizes and I like the finish.

Instead of worrying about the rivets, have you tried a rattler on your ride to get a sizzle?

Cheers for the replies guys

Mofle - the hats and ride are both from the 60's so are ideal for the sound I want, I do prefer the hats to the ride though.

TTNW - I do have a chain on the old K ride, but for me its just not the same as having proper rivets. It does the job ok though!

Tuxido - I will get a pic when my camera is charged, the stamp is quite faded but you can make it out.

Karl - be sure to let us know when your kit comes in, I'm really looking forward to that!

Thanks for your kind words everyone.

Back