70's Acrolite soon at my door

max77

Hi everybody,

I decided to buy a good versatile snare to go with my Gretsch. And I end up on a nice Acrolite from the 70's on ebay for 155US$ with the shipping.

f468_12.JPG

040d_12.JPG

0008_12.JPG

Oh yes!

Thanks to Wavelength who plays it on youtube and help my decision to go with that sound!

Have a nice day

Max

Sweet! i'm also a proud acro player and can say you won't be dissapointed. It's got a beautiful tone and ring and nice sensitivity. And you know, if you are for any reason unhappy with it then you could always resell it for what you paid.

Our kits are going to be pretty similar- I play a gretsch renown with my acrolite.

I have the exact snare as well. mid 70's. Incredible sound, You'll love it. Mine came with a cheapo set I bought for my daughter for Christmas last year. Total $125 for the set, snare 3 zildjian cymbals and Ludwig hardware.

So... When's that Kumu kit due to arrive? ;)

Ahah too pricey for my student budget!

If I have enough money in 2009 I'll go with Unix. But god I have to agree that your Kumu is a peace of art.

My first drum was a 70s Acrolite (older than I am). I still have it after 11 years. Actually I just got another lug in (the other had a hole that finally wore down and the screw kept falling out on the inside of the drum). This drum will always be special to me, but I love my Slingerland chrome over brass snare (I think 70s too) too. I tune them different of course though so they all get used. My Mapex Pro M snare will get tuned medium-high, the Slingerland low and dry, and the Ludwig tight and high, although when I get new heads I might change the order.

NICE FIND...you'll love it!! I have an "August 30 1966" Acrolite that just slaps silly! I have 16 strand PureSound Percussion Customs on it, and an Aquarian Texture Coated w/ Power Dot ...and I'm telling you, this snare can do just about anything except for ultra-deep-fat-wet sound....but...what a drum!!! And...the older the better,...at least to my ear! :)

Here is a clip of it .... NOT MIC`ED up [that's right, no microphone on it] at a show a couple months ago!! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKGLOd5CuLI

Back