Had to happen

skunkendilly

Hi Guys
Spent some time in the U.S.A. very recently and had a wonderful holiday.
Visited the Ludwig factory in Monroe and I was very impressed with their hospitality and genuine pleasure in the work they do and the instruments produced there.
I met Mark Williams of Ludwig who was charming and very friendly even though I turned up with no prior notice, a really great guy.The factory visit put the cherry on my holiday.
I tried to purchase a 402 from Atlanta Pro Percussion but they did not have the model I wanted in stock. On my return home I bought one from The London Drum Company in Croydon. A fabulous shop with great staff.
Got it home, swapped the heads and put on a Puresound and love it!
I finally understand why this drum is so highly regarded.
Paul.

Attachments

• DSCF0730 (640x478).jpg
    DSCF0730 (640x478).jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCF0731 (640x478).jpg
    DSCF0731 (640x478).jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 386
  • DSCF0732 (640x478).jpg
    DSCF0732 (640x478).jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 394
Glad that you enjoyed your stay in the USA and the Ludwig tour.
Nice snare that you bought. I know that you will enjoy it for a long time.
I recently bought a Black Beauty and I am totally pleased.
What type of Puresound wires did you install and what didn't you like about the stock wires?

This is quite a testament to Ludwig. "If you're going to visit the USA and you could only bring back only one souvenir..."

Hi Bobba
Nothing wrong with the original wires I spose.
But I do like Puresound customs. Got them on every snare I have but one.
Although I will keep this particular drum I must admit I always keep the stock heads and snare for the day when I choose to sell it. I like to put the drum back into original condition.
Some thing peculiar to me really.
Paul.

Hi Guys
Spent some time in the U.S.A. very recently and had a wonderful holiday.
Visited the Ludwig factory in Monroe and I was very impressed with their hospitality and genuine pleasure in the work they do and the instruments produced there.
I met Mark Williams of Ludwig who was charming and very friendly even though I turned up with no prior notice, a really great guy.The factory visit put the cherry on my holiday.
I tried to purchase a 402 from Atlanta Pro Percussion but they did not have the model I wanted in stock. On my return home I bought one from The London Drum Company in Croydon. A fabulous shop with great staff.
Got it home, swapped the heads and put on a Puresound and love it!
I finally understand why this drum is so highly regarded.
Paul.

.......No Splay! Congrats on the new snare and your "American" vacation

Back