Ludwig Classic Maple Charcoal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! This is exactly the kit I've been looking for. Sounds amazing. I was wondering, if you don't mind me asking, how much you got it for?

You guys and your Classic Maple drums in "vintage" sizes are killing me. How do I look at my poor drums now?? It'll never be the same again. :(

Now seriously, those kits are amazingly beautiful. The sizes are perfect, the 4-piece is just pure class, the finishes are outstanding, the lugs are the prettiest.. And of course they must sound heavenly. Congrats.

To the OP, I have a 24" bass drum too and I use a Coated Emperor with a felt strip. To me it gives a beautiful open, round, boomy sound. Great for live gigs unmiced.

Now I switched to a Clear PS3, just for a change, and it sounds great too, but much more "modern".. that is, a fat, short punch. Almost no resonance, pure attack.

No one is better than the other, they're just different. I think the Emp would suit your style better though.

Anyway, congrats, enjoy those drums.

Of all the kits & photos in the current Ludwig catalog, your set is my favorite.

Envious but let us know how these babies are as time goes on. Congrats..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back