Anyone interested in recording drums for a song?

Cynic

Hi =) (think we posted at same time)
Im not a drummer to be honest. love playing tho =)
Im just a dude in sweden trying to get back into music, and i bought some gear again and started writing on a song.

I always wanted to put this out there and see if anyone would be interested in playing drums but i never did... so here it goes =)

Still nothing fancy, havent started with the vocals yet but it would be so much more inspiring with real drums. Dosnt matter if its real or midifiles i get :)

Heres the song
EDIT (better version)
http://bassel.se/music/newmusic/vox2_Bassel-Nowshesgone.mp3

Regards Bass

Last edited:
Hey Cynic, I'm just curious about something, your wanting someone to record the drums for the track right? but the track already has drums so doesn't that mean there done, like you've already recorded them or used midi to sequence them?

Im sure you've got a reason i'm just curious :)

Hey Cynic, I'm just curious about something, your wanting someone to record the drums for the track right? but the track already has drums so doesn't that mean there done, like you've already recorded them or used midi to sequence them?

Im sure you've got a reason i'm just curious :)

Hi!
I have never used real drums on any projects that ive recorded (only record for my self.. at best placing it on the tube =)
These drums have been handplayed on a keyboard, using Superiordrummer for sounds.
I would just love to hear what it would sound like with a real drummer on it.

I play all the instruments on this track, but im really just a vocalist.. so doing drums, bas, guitars and strings/piano makes it dull and boring for me. Would loooove to see what im missing :)

Hey man, I liked it, sounds really good.

I would happily record those drums, but I warn you, I'm not a pro and I don't have a professional studio sound either. I'd do it 'cause I liked the track and it's fun, and you can have an idea how real drums would sound on your track, but nothing more, if you're expecting a pro-session drummer.. well, no, that's not me. :)

Here's a little something from me, there's more on my channel:

Dear Rosemary Drum Cover

Just a couple of questions:

1) You recorded it with a metronome right? if so, what's the tempo?
2) Could you upload a drumless version of it?

Cheers. :)

Hey! That sound great!
I listened to the tubetrack and it sounds great =)

yeah i recorded to 142bpm.
Im going to fix the track for you and upload it so you can download it later.

Thanx!! Im really exited to hear what this will become ^^

Hey,

The song sounds really good man:) I by no means want to take this over from diegobxr but i would be happy to play around with this and see what i come up with. I have no recording equipment but know of some local studio's. Also, i am no pro or session player just a teenager who has a passion for drumming :)

Swiss Matthias and peety777 shoot! Its so cool that more want to give a try on it!
I really cant wait to hear what it would be like =)

Matthias, its ok to do something like ive been thinking. The live feel of a real drummer is what im dreaming of ^^

Ive been working a little more on the drums on the song.
http://bassel.se/music/newmusic/4.NowshesGone121001_2300.mp3

Heres a version of the song without drums. Dont know if you need wave or if its ok with just mp3 format?
http://bassel.se/music/newmusic/Bass-Nowshesgone_Nodrums.mp3

Go crazy! and if you can get the drums on separate files thats even better. If you dont have studio or mididrums then a single file with just the drums would be ok.

Hey,

The song sounds really good man:) I by no means want to take this over from diegobxr but i would be happy to play around with this and see what i come up with.

Hey, man. Don't worry about that, it's not a paid gig or a job! Hehe. :) Have a go at it, the same goes for everyone, of course!! The more the better!! :)

Cynic, I downloaded the tracks, I'll listen to them enough as to write/memorize the parts and I'll upload the recording as soon as I get it done.

Thanks! This is really cool!! I hope more drummers here do it too!!

Cheers! :)

Last week I picked up some of those super cheap Pyle Pro drum mics and a USB interface. Saw this thread and figured I'd give it a shot. Keep in mind... I'm no pro, lol.

Downloaded the mp3, gave it a few listens, hit record, and did a few off-the-cuff takes. Here's the better of them, albeit with plenty of timing mistakes, and indecision during some fills. The first minute or so is especially shaky, but I think I get more "in the groove" towards the middle.

A rough conceptual idea anyway. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=inQ6pij5x4M

Last edited:
Securitron-X
That was great! Like you said a little shaky in the beginning but then grew alot during the song!
Somewhere in the middle i really felt that the song was coming alive. Awsome! =D
Im truly happy and thankful that you guys want to do this =D

Little Request:
I know that is superhard to know when the vocals isnt in place, but in the verse i would love to have a little straighter drums, love the ghostnotes on the snares tho ^^
And then on the bridge (at least the first one) keep going with the hats instead of the ride (maybee bit more open hat) since im building up the vocalline in similar feeling up to the courus.

(excuse my poor english ^^ but im swede lol)

that sounds pretty cool Securitron-X :D
Cynic, any chance once you have the vocals down you could upload a copy with the vocals? It would help in the way of build ups and dominance! This is soo awesome Guys :)

This is very cool- great guitar track/song and collaboration around the world!

WHat programs did you use to mix in your drums Securitron? Very cool work.

Securitron-X That was excellent, I didn't think there was too much wrong with the first minute, in fact, I'd be happy to be as 'shaky' as you!

How easy was it to set up all the mikes & gear? The recording sounded pretty good for a first attempt.

OK, I did a couple of takes today, not too thrilled about any of them but here's one.

It has a few mistakes, but I think it's not too bad either. Let me know what you think!

Now She's Gone - Drums by diegobxr

I love the last part, when it builds up.
Hope you like it.

Oh, and BTW, way to go Securitron, I really liked your take. :)

Cheers.

OK, I did a couple of takes today, not too thrilled about any of them but here's one.

It has a few mistakes, but I think it's not too bad either. Let me know what you think!

Now She's Gone - Drums by diegobxr

I love the last part, when it builds up.
Hope you like it.

Oh, and BTW, way to go Securitron, I really liked your take. :)

Cheers.
Duuude i wish you could the smile on this face now!!
That was amazing!!!!! It like you knew what i was hoping för haha
Shit... Thats inspiring :D

Back