JoJo Interview Modern Drummer Aug 09

Gretsch09

Have any of you read this article with JoJo? I was amazed by his DVD and this article has pretty much had the same effect on me. This man is incredible! What a gift!

I especially like the part about dinner music. He has a revelation where he more than implies that he feels he isn't as well-rounded as he would like to be. Very insightful.

Her really makes you think. Which, I think is, more awesome than his ability to play; that is his ability to conceptualize playing and translate that into wonderful technique.

I feel the same way, the article was one of the best Modern Drummer has had in a while. Very deep!

Hey, could someone scan the article for me and PM it to me? I cannot buy MD in Germany but would love to read that...

Thanks

I just read this the other day, really amazing. I love hearing really great drummers talk almost as much as I love their playing. I really enjoyed the humbling dinner experience part too, although I'm still not sure that problem has been resolved yet, lol. (Prohibited Beatz, anyone? Intergalactic Maiden Ballet? Screaming Headless Torsos?!)

Very inspiring stuff, I haven't read anything that interesting since the John Riley interview a while back. Now THAT was fascinating!!

Back