Paul Kodish

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Just had a quick search and not found any mention of Kodish on the forum, which surprises me!

He's in an interesting position as arguably the highest-profile drum 'n' bass drummer performing at the moment, and since we are so used to hearing/discussing the work of Jojo Mayer, Johnny Rabb and others in that area, I thought I'd ask you for your thoughts on Kodish's playing with Pendulum!

Here's a recent video for those of you unfamiliar with him or the band...

Re: Paul Kodish (Pendulum)

Like many other D'n'B players, this dude clearly has a lot of rock showing up in his playing - he definitely doesn't seem to go for the subtle, textural, nuance-y side of things. Back in the day when I listened to Pendulum and didn't know what a trigger was, I was so amazed by his live snare sound, lol.

Re: Paul Kodish (Pendulum)

No, the whole band is more rock-influenced than other drum 'n' bass inspired things.

I've always wondered which drums he's using triggers on. The kick and main snare, definitely. I must admit I think he over-uses the kick considering the massive bassy sound it's triggering, especially when he does his big metal endings....

Back