My new pork pie custom!!

Sparkboss

Hey guys! I picked it up last week!! Sorry i'm a week late to post pics eheheh. I got it in matte black stain and it's sooo nice!

Sizes are:
8x7
10x8
12x9
14x11
16x13
14x6 sn
22x18 b

I got all the toms as rack toms, that way if i want to condense the kit, i can just toss the 14 above my bass and leave the 16 down!

i left the 16 and 12 off for now because i didn't have the stand, but it's in the mail now!! And i've gotten my nice set up of vintage emps and ambos for my toms, new batter ps3 for bass and Renaissance ambos for my snares! a nice new gibraltar pedal and i need to replace my hats and hat stand! i haven't really gotten to really let loose on it yet, and i can't wait to do so :). Also check out the little slanted edge on the bass drum hoop!

Anywho, here they are!

Attachments

• IMG_3626.JPG
    IMG_3626.JPG
    359.3 KB · Views: 1,053
  • IMG_3627.JPG
    IMG_3627.JPG
    398.3 KB · Views: 1,009
  • IMG_3628.JPG
    IMG_3628.JPG
    440.5 KB · Views: 987
  • IMG_3629.JPG
    IMG_3629.JPG
    342.9 KB · Views: 1,023
  • IMG_3634.JPG
    IMG_3634.JPG
    335.3 KB · Views: 992
  • IMG_3636.JPG
    IMG_3636.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 1,461
  • IMG_3637.JPG
    IMG_3637.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 1,032
  • IMG_3639.JPG
    IMG_3639.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_3640.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    373.9 KB · Views: 1,280
  • IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    340.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • IMG_3642.JPG
    IMG_3642.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 1,026
  • IMG_3656.JPG
    IMG_3656.JPG
    605.4 KB · Views: 1,022
  • IMG_3676.JPG
    IMG_3676.JPG
    403 KB · Views: 978
Nice kit, Very interesting finish.
I also like two place my high toms on the left.

Confused by the B8 hats. Everything else is top-notch. Do you just like the sound or is there some other more nefarious reason for the B8 hi-hats.

Confused by the B8 hats. Everything else is top-notch. Do you just like the sound or is there some other more nefarious reason for the B8 hi-hats.

i think it might be called "work in progress" or "still under construction"

anywayz......sweet kit bud! is it maple, birch etc...?

i think it might be called "work in progress" or "still under construction"

anywayz......sweet kit bud! is it maple, birch etc...?

This lol! work in progress. i have purchased everything top notch for the kit except hats. Reason being.. it seems so difficult to find nice hats to try out! i'll probably end up with hats from any of sabians hh\x aa\x lines, or bosphorus vintage hats :)

Anyhow, ti answer your Q zarate, they're full maple! The heads on them now are just stock heads so i haven't taken too much time to tune em up! But i'm gonna strap all these Vintage emperors on em tomorrow and see how they fare!

they look really sharp. Nice kit! it's hard to tell from your pictures, but you can see the wood grain in the toms, but the kick looks like a solid matt black. Do they match in person?

I use the same Gibraltar pedal as my backup to my Pearl Eliminators. It's highly underrated for such an inexpensive double pedal. I often find myself liking it better than almost any other pedal I've played, including my Pearls.

they look really sharp. Nice kit! it's hard to tell from your pictures, but you can see the wood grain in the toms, but the kick looks like a solid matt black. Do they match in person?

I use the same Gibraltar pedal as my backup to my Pearl Eliminators. It's highly underrated for such an inexpensive double pedal. I often find myself liking it better than almost any other pedal I've played, including my Pearls.

you can see the wood grain in the bass, but it is a little difficult to see, maybe just not many grains on the outside ply?

Yeah these gibraltar pedals are definitely smooth! i've always been keen of gibraltar's equipment especially since its such high quality, but such low cost in comparison to the DW lines!

Great kit and a great company. I tok a vintage Ludwig the them to have new edges cut and Bill did it himself.

This lol! work in progress. i have purchased everything top notch for the kit except hats. Reason being.. it seems so difficult to find nice hats to try out! i'll probably end up with hats from any of sabians hh\x aa\x lines, or bosphorus vintage hats :)

Anyhow, ti answer your Q zarate, they're full maple! The heads on them now are just stock heads so i haven't taken too much time to tune em up! But i'm gonna strap all these Vintage emperors on em tomorrow and see how they fare!

being maple, they are gonna have a killer sound with vinties.

congrats again on the new kit!

-vince

Great kit and a great company. I tok a vintage Ludwig the them to have new edges cut and Bill did it himself.

Yeah! That's what's great about pork pie, bill does all the bearing edges himself :) Flawless if i do say so myself, and he showed me the bench that he does it on.. just a huge circular sand paper type thing. Not sure what he does to get the edges so spot on.. but he does!

being maple, they are gonna have a killer sound with vinties.

congrats again on the new kit!

-vince

Thanks man! I'm still in the process of gettin all my heads ready to go. Tuning takes a bit longer than normal as i'm trying the little Idrumtech app that came out for tuning.. as opposed to my own tuning heh. but it seems to be doing really well thus far!

Looks fantastic. I like the "murdered out" look of the matte black.

Just curious...how thick are the shells?

Yeah! That's what's great about pork pie, bill does all the bearing edges himself :) Flawless if i do say so myself, and he showed me the bench that he does it on.. just a huge circular sand paper type thing. Not sure what he does to get the edges so spot on.. but he does!

Thanks man! I'm still in the process of gettin all my heads ready to go. Tuning takes a bit longer than normal as i'm trying the little Idrumtech app that came out for tuning.. as opposed to my own tuning heh. but it seems to be doing really well thus far!

i was just experimenting with drumalyzer app for android. i used the tune-bot settings with drumalyzer to see if they would work.... got my snare tuned to an E now

Your kit is famous, I saw it on the PP facebook page! What clamps are you using to mount the toms to the cymbal stand?

Hah! I didnt have any idea that he'd posted it already! I'll have to check it out :)

Looks fantastic. I like the "murdered out" look of the matte black.

Just curious...how thick are the shells?

To be honest i can't 100% remember. but i know bill has his "progressive ply design" Where he tends to make smaller toms only 7 plies (Again, not sure of thickness) whereas bigger drums progress to more plies. i'll double check, but i think he's got it posted on hit site.

Now that's some serious doh-rae-me ($$$). Pork Pie makes great drums--I have an older PP snare in custom Jeff Porcaro blue lacquer from the days when PP used Keller shells.

Nice kit !

Really love the double 45° bearing edges ! Like the Spaun ones ;)

bearingedge.jpg
http://www.spaundrums.com/images/bearingedge.jpg

Back