My Gretsch Renown Purewood A.M

pearlygates

Gold Member
Did some wheeling and dealing..traded off my Cat maples and Club mods and lookie what followed me home!

Gretschpurewood016.jpg

Gretschpurewood021.jpg

Gretschpurewood030.jpg

GretschRenounPurewoods004.jpg

Rare kit as only 60 were made in this configuration worldwide!
*specs on request

VERY NICE!

That is the only African Mahogany I have seen that wasn't in a review.

Must have monster low end!

Awesome. Did you trade the other two Gretschs straight up or did you have to break off some cash? Whatever happened to your Mapex M Birch; I see you still have some of the hardware?

Oh, and specs are never left to a request. Specs are an unwritten law; you know that:)

Nice looking kit. I like the cymbal setup, as well.
Your avatar and forum name are now completely contradictory.

Awesome. Did you trade the other two Gretschs straight up or did you have to break off some cash? Whatever happened to your Mapex M Birch; I see you still have some of the hardware?

Oh, and specs are never left to a request. Specs are an unwritten law; you know that:)

Still have the M Birch. I use those for a knock around gig rehearsal kit.
The weak economy played into this deal for sure,, I traded my other 2 Gretsch kits even up for this Renown..How could I say NO? Plus the shop guy threw in a Peace hand hammered steel 6.5x14" snare drum!!!!!
As rare and collectible as these Purewoods are destined to become..I say I SCORED!
They will not see much if any gig time.

Nice looking kit. I like the cymbal setup, as well.
Your avatar and forum name are now completely contradictory.
Well yeah..sorta. I do use a Yamaha Flying Dragon single pedal and 900 series snare stand.

As rare and collectible as these Purewoods are destined to become..I say I SCORED!
I agree, you scored. Neither of the other kits you traded will probably ever be "collectable". This kits already there. Excellent use of our very slow economy. Sweet kit.

Wow, that's a beauty! Does it project as well as maple, do you think? I've never played an actual African Mahogany kit before.

Wow, that's a beauty! Does it project as well as maple, do you think? I've never played an actual African Mahogany kit before.
It has alot of Maples' high and mid response but a pretty good boost in the lows..
Yeah..They are L O U D!!!

OH YEA BABY! It doesn't get much better than that. Live it! Love it! Play the lugs off of it!

Congrats! That's some beautiful woodworking there. Nicer than my living room furniture. Come to think of it, I would love to have those in my living-room!

I have just scratched maple off my list, permenently.

hahaha! Yeah.. these shells are like Maple on steroids!
The sound is amazing! All the highs and mids of maple plus fatty-fat-fat low end!
The super tight A.M grain coupled with the silver sealer shell interiors make for some LOUD drums. Wide open, no muffling..they just sing like Pavarotti!
This IS the best sounding kit I have ever owned..prolly ever played!

Back