Bill Bachman's Drumworkout.com - One Week Free Access

Arky

Platinum Member
Here's what Bill Bachman posted on facebook today:

- - - - -
We are incredibly excited to announce that Drumworkout.com is current offering ONE WEEK FREE to everyone and anyone thanks to Vic Firth!
There really is no better way to improve your technical proficiency, rudimental control and drumming vocabulary than practicing daily with Bill at drumworkout.com
So what are you waiting for? Get in there and start "Practicing With A Pro" - IT'S FREE!!!

http://www.drumworkout.com/vic-firth-promo/
- - - - -

Having been a beta tester and then subscriber right from the start, I can only confirm that this website provides an extremely focused and superbly structured method of improving one's hand technique by breaking down everything into the essential motions and focusing on each step involved. The progress that I've been making on a regular basis is frightening at first but you'll get used to it! It's really in direct proportion to the (quality) time/practice that you're putting into it - not more, not less. So grab this extremely generous opportunity and go for it. It might be one of the best decisions you'll ever make for your drumming.

This website has been demystifying so many things for me. If you want to go the direct route and learn from one of the best institutions in hand technique, try this website for yourself. It does not replace 1-on-1 lessons but is the next best thing for people like myself who are practicing at home. IMO if you keep your eyes and ears open and closely watch your grip/hands/stick height/angles you'll hugely benefit from the site. Enough talking!

See you!

I tried the first exercise for extreme hands makeover today, making sure that I followed all his pointers. I did it for an hour and a half. As if like magic, It fixed a lot of issues that I've been struggling with for a very long time. (stick spinning in my hand, stick slowly slipping out of my hand, etc). To think that this is just my first day in this website and I'm feeling a lot more in control of my sticks already.

Thanks! I'm definitely subscribing to this.

Cool - congrats!

I have the same story as almost always... Started the Paradiddle-diddle workout yesterday but was pretty tired so I stopped half way. Continued today, got it up to 150 bpm right away but not clean @ 150. Now, with a few more runs across the speed ranges, I'm noticing an improvement even as I've been practicing the PD-diddle a lot in the past but now it's with way more relaxation. 150 is a bit sloppy but I'll get there. That's what I've been experiencing - once you have a foundation, learning new patterns/rudiments can happen within a few days. (Admittedly, it took me a couple months to get certain things down.)

Very interested in this, I'm kinda busy so I won't waste the opportunity by taking it on right now. Next week I will. When does the offer end?

Very interested in this, I'm kinda busy so I won't waste the opportunity by taking it on right now. Next week I will. When does the offer end?
It will end on the 23rd, the test week has just started.
I hope you'll find a way to test the site in the course of this week.

Ah, so it's the same start and end time for everyone, bugger. I'll try get on it tomorrow then.

Here's my experience after around 2 weeks into the site (I subscribed).
Before discovering the site, I had to rely on youtube videos, honestly, they didn't really help me that much, and left me confused. Also a lot of the youtube videos contradict each other. Spending around an hour and a half each day, I'm currently on step 6 of the extreme hands makeover which is all about free strokes. The videos are really helping me rebuild my technique, lessons are structured in a way that each lesson builds upon what is learned from previous lessons, ensuring that I'm doing things right. Also, the explanations he gives are very helpful in helping me understand the mechanics and the purpose of the exercise, he really knows what he's talking about, and I'm not left in doubt. Within the 2 weeks, I was able to correct my grip, have an actual fulcrum and play more relaxed. Still learning french grip for step 7, this might take a while...

Hi Bill, I tried the free week but didn't get past the first two lessons (in fact I'm still working on free stroke and free stroke dribbling, trying to get to 10k).

Quick question: on the first two videos you stress keeping the fingers open but on the stick. This took some work for me, as I had gotten into the bad habit of letting the stick fly out of my fingers in freestroke (you show the problem in your video). I also do this weird thing with my left hand where my pinky goes out to the side like I'm drinking tea. So I'm working on keeping my fingers on the stick.

But I can't tell if you ever CLOSE your fingers in the freestroke or dribble. Obviously this is kind of important. Can you clarify if, when doing the freestroke/dribble, you should be opening/closing your fingers (pull the stick into the palm)? Or do they stay open the whole time, but on the stick?

Thanks!

I signed up and went through all the lessons, just to make sure I didn't miss any before my subscription expired. Then I went back and focused on certain ones for a good while, practicing along with Bill. Man does he play those exercises a good long time and with such precision. Truly an inspiration and gives me something to shoot for.
I downloaded the lesson sheets when possible and have them handy for practicing on a regular basis. I found the lengthy but relaxed style of repetition loosens my wrists, fingers and stick hold to such a degree, that playing after on the drums is much easier, no matter what groove I'm experimenting with.
I initially had learned a similar relaxed, fulcrum style when I took lessons as a kid, so my dribbling-bounce has always been there to some degree, but Bill's incredibly user friendly instructions and teaching ability shined through on each lesson and allowed me to revisit and refine techniques.
Its so true in any endeavor that its not only a great technician but a great teacher that successfully imparts the information. I've taken a few lessons from some who were great technicians, but lousy conveyers of information, mediocre teachers at best. Learning is by doing and I found Bill's lessons carefully articulated but easily understood to follow along.
That's what Bill's online program does that I haven't found elsewhere, anywhere in written books or the internet.
Knowing he is a world class technician and performer makes it that much more sweet.
I will probably continue further with his instruction in some way when possible.
Thanks, Bill!

Hi Bill, I tried the free week but didn't get past the first two lessons (in fact I'm still working on free stroke and free stroke dribbling, trying to get to 10k).

Quick question: I can't tell if you ever CLOSE your fingers in the freestroke or dribble. Obviously this is kind of important. Can you clarify if, when doing the freestroke/dribble, you should be opening/closing your fingers (pull the stick into the palm)? Or do they stay open the whole time, but on the stick?

Thanks!

Hi there! I note with my slow/past vertical approach that you should not let the stick touch the palm of your hand at all, the palm is the "brakes." This way you're always completely loose such that the fingers are totally free to play the stick and don't need to hold it. The fingers aren't actively doing much, but the hand is open and chill.

Hi there! I note with my slow/past vertical approach that you should not let the stick touch the palm of your hand at all, the palm is the "brakes." This way you're always completely loose such that the fingers are totally free to play the stick and don't need to hold it. The fingers aren't actively doing much, but the hand is open and chill.

Okay awesome, thanks for the response. Yeah I probably should have cheated and peeked ahead, but I got fascinated trying to fix my freestroke. Still just doing freestrokes and dribbling, third week now.

Back