Bring on the NAMM Info. & Photos!

If that RC kit in Mellow Yellow had the current RC YESS mounts (i.e., not fully screwed on the shell), I'd be after one of those bad-boys! A yellow Recording Custom = heaven!

They are very cool in person.

Yeah, they look great! I'm actually rather interested in checking these out now that the shell specs are more to my liking. I'm worried, though, that the price will be a bit ridiculous.

I wonder if this means that Masterworks will now have a new shell option: 6-ply/5.4mm?? That would be another cool addition. I don't want re-rings, and I don't want a thick shell, which kind of ruins Pearl--until this new shell offering.

If that RC kit in Mellow Yellow had the current RC YESS mounts (i.e., not fully screwed on the shell), I'd be after one of those bad-boys! A yellow Recording Custom = heaven!

If you really like that kit, buy it and get RIMS mounts for the 10 and 12. Its only 2 drums, and trust me, the 2 drums will sound better with RIMS than any of the Yamaha options (bolted to the shell, YESS I or YESS II). For that matter, you can get suspension basket mounts for the floor toms as well. That would be a great kit. I always loved Mellow Yellow. Are they really only doing 15 kits in each? The other 2 colors are Hot Red and Stage White. Bringing them back for 15 kits each seems kind of odd.

You know I think my heart would explode from a combination of excitement at the shear magnitude of NAMM not too mention my head exploding trying to figure out how to see everything and what to see first!

Ah! The Pearl Reference Pure kits show Pearl finally going after a thin maple shell--about time! Six-ply, 5.4 mm tom shells! A better feel for jazz stuff than their customary 6-ply, 7.5 mm thick shells.

Hmm...this could be a rather decent move on Pearl's part. I like the idea of a 6-ply, 5.4 mm shell vs. the old 6-ply/7.5 mm or 4-ply/5mm with thick-ass re-rings.

A jazz-able Reference kit!
I feel odd commenting and not being there this year, but we'll see if they are lighter in general. The hardware still makes them for a pretty heavy drum.

Thanks to all posting photos or links to photos! Much appreciated for those of us who cannot be at NAMM!

Only maple? I hoped they were going for castor aralia.....

Anyways, I LOVE that blue/silver sparkel fade finish! Beautiful!

thx for the specs robert!

. Are they really only doing 15 kits in each? The other 2 colors are Hot Red and Stage White. Bringing them back for 15 kits each seems kind of odd.

I think it was 30 to 45 each color (?).

Either way, very limited editions.

Although, for the record, they never stopped making the RC. Just these retro colors with the retro mounts are limited edition.

Awesome picture finds! what are the new Electronic kits out? & I am really intrested in those those two bass drum sets. What are some hardware or top sets that came out of NAMM that we should be saving up to buy in the future?! Share!!

Sweet slideshow photos--thanks!

Those new Paistes look delicious--especially the Twenty Masters Series: looks like a lot of hammering detail = nice!

The new 602s sound like a potentially good thing for jazz. It is about time Paiste focus on this area: they really struggle when it comes to making delicious jazz pies.

For rock and fusion, their Signature line is the cat's meow!

The pricing is expected a little above the Oak custom line.

Wes's statement is accurate for the States: for example, an Oak Custom bebop (18/14/12/10) averages around $1400, if memory serves correct, and I just got word that a Club Custom in 18/14/12 would run about $1700. So, indeed a bit more expensive than the Oak line, slightly under the Recording Custom line, and definitely under the Absolute and PHX lines.

Another Namm coverage:

http://www.mikedolbear.com/NAMM11_index.asp

http://www.drummagazine.com/namm

What about pdp? I can't find any news about the reworked boa pedal yet :/

According to the Mike Dolbear report on Pearl, the Pearl "Masters Legend" kit will be introduced at Frankfurt Musicmesse and will have "6 ply ultra thin shells." I wonder if that means the Reference Pure 6-ply/5.4mm maple shells. And I wonder if these kits will be available for USA and other parts of the globe!

Back