if you had an unlimited budget...

Yamaha PHX (not sure what finish) in every size. Also my grandfather's white marine pearl ludwigs that got destroyed in a flood years ago, the drums that made me want to play drums.

I would hire Vinnie and make him play Mustang Sally for an hour.

Then I would buy Pearl Reference kits in a fusion configuration in Purple Craze, White and Piano Black, Zildjian K Cymbals.

And then I would pay Vinnie to tune them.

And I would pay the cable bill.

My dream kit would be a DW Collector's Series in Birch. Candy Apple stained finish.
8x10 9x12 rack 14x16 16x16 floor toms
6x14 snare 18x22 bass drum

18" AA crash & 18" HH crash (used as hi hats)
20" AAX China
18" Xs20 crash
22" Artisan ride
22" HHX Pro ride
20" O-Zone crash

Of course, I'd settle for nothing less than DW 9000 hardware.
Evans clear G2 tom batters, G1 reso.
Coated G1 snare batter, hazy 300 reso
and EMAD bass drum batter... bass drum reso? I could care less. lol

I'd love to get a kit made by Truth drums, love what I've seen and heard from them.

A set or 2 of the new Guru drums debuted here!

See the thread in gear section from Keep It Simple. Sick stuff Andy. Solved almost every problem there is to the best of current technology as far as I can tell.

Hoping you can crank up the production to let the average man afford one. Also might want gloss laquer unless you refused.

Like Bermuda, I have all the new kits that interest me at this time, so if I had the unlimited funds then I would be looking vintage and the ones that most interest me are :

Gretsch Round badge 20/12/14 in Copper Mist ( my all time favorite finish from Gretsch

Ludwig three ply ,white interiors , exterior finished in thermogloss clear lacquer ( like Ringo's
Last Beatles set.

Rogers WMP Buddy Rich Celebrity set with matching wood dynasonic.

Almost forgot - I would love a Rogers XP8 Londoner 7 in Tobacco Sunburst lacquer .

Audi R8, Lamborghini of any sort, Ferrari of any type oh and a good Nanny so my wife and I could enjoy more free time. Now about drums....any number of custom made drums.

Lately I have really enjoyed the sound of Joe Morello's drums on his mid to late 60's recordings.

I'm always finding something new that I wouldn't mind having, I'm just running out of room and time.

Dennis

I'd buy a brand new top of the line drum kit, a five piece, probably Yamaha, I'd probably get a brand new Black Beauty snare drum, and I'd get top of the line hardware and brand shiny new Zildjian cymbals. Then I'd buy new drumheads for all the drums and have a fun couple of days tuning them all.

I'd take my time setting everything up exactly the way it feels good to me, then I'd stand back and gaze at my new drum kit for several days before I ever took a stick to it.

The rest of the money would go to fixing the house up, getting a car (we only have one) and then I'd take my wife on the vacation of her dreams.

Oh, and I'd definitely get a new suit and a couple of shirts. I've already got the shoes.

Here is an old classic; "I would spend 90% of the money on booze and hookers, and I would just blow the rest."

First, a double bass Guru kit, consisting of 24x14 and 22x18 bass drums, 10x9, 12x10, 13x11 and 14x12 rack mounts, 16x16 and 18x18 floors, and a 14x8 snare. Then I would top that off with a complete set of Zildjian K special dark dry cymbals all the way around, with a set of Meinl Byzance sand hats for x-hats. Pearl Icon rack, Pearl remote hi hat x2, and double Axis A longboard single pedals. And then equal that out with a complete Roland TD-9 E-kit set up with Pearl Demon Drive double pedals and Zildjian Gen-16 cymbals. But thats not too much to ask, is it?

I already have several pro level kits (Mostly 70s, 80s and 90s Sonor Signature, Phonic and Phonic Plus) and quite a few high quality snares but if I had an unlimited budget I would like to have one of the two Hal Blaine "monster" kits that he used of many of the greatest pop songs ever recorded. That would be sooooo cool! I'm not sure if Slowrocker had celebrity kits in mind in his OP, however.

The Guru kits are very interesting and I'd also like to try a kit made of solid wood shells - turned on a lathe from solid sections of tree trunk. I already have a 5" x 14" Vaughncraft steam bent maple snare shell and a custom 6.5" x 14" x 1/2" thick bubinga stave snare shell in a Pearl Free Floating frame (one of my favorite snares).

Barry

Last edited:
Back