The (Not So Amazing) CB Drums!

McShmoopy

Well, this isn't my first official kit but I'm going to say it is due to me mixing and matching random toms and drums till I got the complete set. Just bear in mind I've only been playing for 2 years and this is all paid for through pocket money!

Here's all the components of my kit.

Cymbals
Planet Z Hi Hats - 14"
Planet Z Ride Cymbal - 20"
Sabian Pro Stage Crash 16"
Sabian Pro Crash 18"
Stagg SH Splash 12"
Zildjian ZXT Total China (Cracked) 18"

Drums
CB Rock Kit 12" 13" 16" 22"
CB Steel Snare 14"
Rockem Music Generic 10" Tom

Heads
(Note I'm saving up to upgrade all heads to Remo Emeperor and Ambassadors!)
10" Evans EC2 Clear Batter - Stock head Reso
12" Remo Emperor Clear Batter - Remo Ambassador Coated Reso
13" Remo Emperor Clear Batter - Stock head Reso
16" Stock Heads
22" Remo Weather King Pro Batter - Stock Reso with Mic Hole cut
Fitted with Evans E Rings and Moongel

Hardware
Pearl Drum Rack (Old Model)
3 x PC-10 Rack Clamps (Old Model)
3 x PC-50 Rack Clamps (Old Model)
Mapex Hi Hat Stand
Mapex Straight Cymbal Stand (With Unbranded Drop Clutch)
Sonor 1000 Snare Stand
CB Drum Stool
Gear 4 Music Long Boom Stand
2 x CB Straight Cymbal Stands
Big Dog Pro Double Bass Pedal

And the Pictures

Kit Shot #1
waplbq.jpg

Kit Shot #2
29534on.jpg

Sabian Pro 16" Stage Crash
2usgcuu.jpg

Sabian Pro 18" Crash
ws8nip.jpg

Planet Z Hi Hats 14"
vdzshs.jpg

Planet Z Ride 20"
8xmrs8.jpg

Stagg SH 12" Splash
24xqfes.jpg

Zildjian ZXT Total China 18" (Cracked
2mqpzps.jpg

Foot Cam (Big Dog Pro Double Pedal)
211j577.jpg

Let me know what you think!

P.S I drew the Sabian Pro 18" Logo with a Sharpie :D So sorry if it looks sloppy

Last edited:
Hey, it's a complete kit and it's better than what I started with (and subsequently ended up playing for five years). I would have killed for your kit back then. So, sincerely, grats to you!

I think its a pretty tidy kit, fella. My parents would never buy me a kit when I started out, so I had to build it all up piece by piece, taken me nearly 15 years, and being excited bout each bit.

Enjoy the buying-gear-journey, MacShmoopy.

Well you have to start somewhere (which you did) and now your here (which is cool). I think half the drummers I've ever met, at one time or another, in their "gear careers", played CB drums. I had CB toms I added to one of my kits, to expand it. What I did is sand down the interiors (they were unfinished and raw) and then seal the wood with spray polly clear coat. You have to wait 30 minutes between coats, and I ran about 10 coats, so it's an all day affair. Cutting out steps like that is part of how affordable drums are made affordable.​
Your Pearl rack is great. I had the old DR-100 rack, and that lasted me 15+ years. Then I sold it. Those PC-10 clamps, I think Pearl actually brought those back, for a while. Better design than some of the clamps that replaced it.​

Cool kit. Not a bad way to start with so many components. When I began all I had was a pad.

You sure do like close ups! :)

hah thanks for the positive replies! When I get my new boom arms and drum heads to replace the shoddy ones I may take a small video showing what it sounds like, until then I WILL enjoy getting gear onedevil :D. Btw brundlefly been following your blog, hope your studio goes well plus I would highly recommend the old pearl style racks, nice, simple and best of all very budget-able :D.

Last edited:
Good skills, McS. Look forward to the vid. Have atrawl in the Gretsch kit thread and see what you think of my gear.

Regards

looks good. diggin the the icon rack!

you might wanna considering taking some of the blankets out of the bass though, kinda looks like youre killin it. unless thats what youre going for!

anyways keep it up, thats a good start!

Thanks, did a really bad repair of my china today but if that fails im arranging to drill it :)

Will be posting the results soonish.

Back